Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I think it's SOLVED!!

Ok so I had nothing in the Library/Extension folder from Rehabman installation.
So it was all good. All the kexts were in the Other folder.

What I did is I moved ALL THE KEXTS but FakeSMC.kext to the Library/Extension folder and rebuilt caches.
After reboot all is working.
After switch to HDMi, after sleep, back and forth it's now all working.

Yuppie!
Should I try to take all the kexts back to the Other folder and rebuilt cache again?
So I tried throwing all the kexts back onto the Other folder and rebuilding caches and the issue came back.
it simply doesn't work for some reasons if the kexts are injected.
Omg u guys are amazing, I moved all of them execpt fakesmc out of other and used kextbeast to get them lib/ext and reboot and plugged in my damn headphone and finally got some decent music lol :)))
Thankssss

Í
That’s awesome. Really I think you are good, there is an ongoing debate about where kexts should live. Until recently I installed everything to L/E per Rehabman and other more knowledgeable folks than me. Also If kexts are installed in Other there is no need to rebuild the kext cache. It’s not affected.

I only changed my kexts to Other for simplicity in this forum....
Is there anything else I should do before calling it a day ? Anything from the post installation process of the op and rehabman ?

You should still update your signature...

Other users have reported making sure in the bios "wake on lan" is disabled. Also disable it in the system preferences power settings. If that doesn't work in system preferences network settings set the connection to manual and then see the screen shot

View attachment 414970
thank you for your answer

Those headers will work in OSX. If you used USBInjectall.kext by itself, without a specific SSDT file in ACPI/ Patched to define USB ports, I think they would show but you would probably end up with sleep/ wake and other possible issues. Those headers were identified earlier in this thread by users wanting to install an internal wifi/bluetooth M2 card. See pic below from page 59 I think.

Meanwhile you can create your own custom DSDT file that includes those headers, there are a few ways. There was also a tutorial written about how to use Hackintool to create a custom USB kext for your specific machine that would solve your issues in a similar way (it creates a custom kext to replace USBinjectall.kext) Search for it in that thread.View attachment 414465
Thanks buddy, will give that a go when I have some time & report back. :thumbup:

I am installing macOS in NUC8i7BEH. I had the same problem(no audio output), so I've moved KEXTS as mentioned before and it works now.

One more Hint for sound: (NUC8i7BEH Realtek ALC255)
Set sound chipset injection ID 28 (no HDA init needed)
then your front headphone jack works like a native mac.

Sound Injection ID 1,11,15,28 worked, and 28 is the best for the NUC8

After a couple of days of playing around, I found two issues with my current setup:

Issue 1) As reported (and fixed above) crackling audio. I understand that I need to move all kexts except FakeSMC.kext to the Library/Extension folder and rebuilt caches.
A couple of questions on this:
- Can you confirm that my EFI/Clover/kext/other will afterwards contain only 1 single kext ?
- Can you confirm that this L/E folder is the one on my root partition, so NOT on the EFI partition ?
- How do I rebuild caches ? When should I do this ? Prior or after reboot ?
- @bahns: How and where do I set the sound chipset injection ID = 28 ?

Issue 2) My display does not work after waking from sleep.
I attached the problem reporting files, could somebody shed some light on this problem ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_18427.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 62
After a couple of days of playing around, I found two issues with my current setup:

Issue 1) As reported (and fixed above) crackling audio. I understand that I need to move all kexts except FakeSMC.kext to the Library/Extension folder and rebuilt caches.
A couple of questions on this:
- Can you confirm that my EFI/Clover/kext/other will afterwards contain only 1 single kext ?
- Can you confirm that this L/E folder is the one on my root partition, so NOT on the EFI partition ?
- How do I rebuild caches ? When should I do this ? Prior or after reboot ?
- @bahns: How and where do I set the sound chipset injection ID = 28 ?

Issue 2) My display does not work after waking from sleep.
I attached the problem reporting files, could somebody shed some light on this problem ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
One kext left in clover/ other. Library/Extensions is a hidden folder in the main partition, not the EFI partition. See post 1008 for how to unhide it as well as how to rebuild the kextcache although if you use kextbeast to install it won't be necessary. Kextbeast can be downloaded from this site and instructions are posted on the download page. Rebuilding the kextcache is always done after removing a kext and or installing new ones. The device ID is in your config.plist and there are various ways to edit that hopefully you are familiar with

Display issues can be tricky and I'm on my phone so unable to see the uploaded debug contents. Sometimes unplugging the display cable is needed and or power cycling it can do the trick. On my Aorus machine I sometimes have to hit the display options button on my LG monitor after sleep to wake it up.

One kext left in clover/ other. Library/Extensions is a hidden folder in the main partition, not the EFI partition. See post 1008 for how to unhide it as well as how to rebuild the kextcache although if you use kextbeast to install it won't be necessary. Kextbeast can be downloaded from this site and instructions are posted on the download page. Rebuilding the kextcache is always done after removing a kext and or installing new ones. The device ID is in your config.plist and there are various ways to edit that hopefully you are familiar with

Display issues can be tricky and I'm on my phone so unable to see the uploaded debug contents. Sometimes unplugging the display cable is needed and or power cycling it can do the trick. On my Aorus machine I sometimes have to hit the display options button on my LG monitor after sleep to wake it up.

Hi,

Thanks for your insane quick response :)

- I will read on how to install the kexts and rebuild the cache, thanks for the reference !
- I know how to update the config.plist, so will do that, tx !
- I found in some other topic that problems with returning from sleep might be related to the fact that "Power Nap" was still enabled. Disabled it now, and will report back on whether or not this solves my issues.

I confirm that installing all Kexts to L/E (using Kextbeast) and rebuilding kext cache works for me as well !

Back