Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

hi @Leesureone thanks a lot for your reply.

I tried your EFi as per Post #903 and exactly the same cracking and general lack of quality is what happens to the audio through the headphone jack port.

HDMI Audio works even without FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.
HDMI Audio works well in fact, is headphone jack audio that works really bad.

As I said using your EFI from post #903 makes no difference. I tested the whole EFI including your SSDTs.

Do you have idea why that happens?
Should I update the Bios to the latest?
I don't think a bios update will change anything for you. I'm also not sure why there ae audio quality issues and can't replicate the issue. I'll do some digging and see if I can find anything out.

I can confirm that i used the same EFI folder from your 903#legendary post. With the same kexts and drivers 64uefi AND I still have bad audio through the jack. Here includes the EFI folder, if you dont mind pls have a look at it so that you can give me some sort of fix or directions to go?
Note: as i have said b4, I am running on BIOS 56 could this have been the cause ?
I can't replicate the issue so I'm not sure what advice to give you at this point. I'll do some digging though and see what I can find.

I don't think a bios update will change anything for you. I'm also not sure why there ae audio quality issues and can't replicate the issue. I'll do some digging and see if I can find anything out.
Ok..So:

I moved the kexts to the Other folder.
Rebooted and for the first time the audio worked.
Then I put the system to sleep and after wake the audio was still fine.

Then I switched to HDMI and it worked fine.
BUT THEN when I reverted back to headphone jack it stopped working!!
I thought, OK I reboot and it should be fine.
So I rebooted and the audio was bad again.

So I'm not sure what it actually is.
Can it be some faulty headphone jacks? But why VoodooHDA works then?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Ok..So:

I moved the kexts to the Other folder.
Rebooted and for the first time the audio worked.
Then I put the system to sleep and after wake the audio was still fine.

Then I switched to HDMI and it worked fine.
BUT THEN when I reverted back to headphone jack it stopped working!!
I thought, OK I reboot and it should be fine.
So I rebooted and the audio was bad again.

So I'm not sure what it actually is.
Can it be some faulty headphone jacks? But why VoodooHDA works then?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Weird...I think you already said you had updated AppleALC.kext. If not then maybe try that. Do you have any kexts installed in Library/Extensions besides the native ones? Its a hidden folder you can unhide via a terminal command.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

Check there aren't duplicate hackintosh kexts there, the Rehabman Script installed them in both Kexts/other and in Library/Extentions for me at one point...

If the any of the same kexts that are in "other" are there delete them and then rebuild the kextcache via kextbeast (don't install anything though) or through terminal.

sudo kextcache -i /

My device is the same of the guide i7BNH
You should still update your signature...

Other users have reported making sure in the bios "wake on lan" is disabled. Also disable it in the system preferences power settings. If that doesn't work in system preferences network settings set the connection to manual and then see the screen shot

Network Settings.png

Weird...I think you already said you had updated AppleALC.kext. If not then maybe try that. Do you have any kexts installed in Library/Extensions besides the native ones? Its a hidden folder you can unhide via a terminal command.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

Check there aren't duplicate hackintosh kexts there, the Rehabman Script installed them in both Kexts/other and in Library/Extentions for me at one point...

If the any of the same kexts that are in "other" are there delete them and then rebuild the kextcache via kextbeast (don't install anything though) or through terminal.

sudo kextcache -i /
I think it's SOLVED!!

Ok so I had nothing in the Library/Extension folder from Rehabman installation.
So it was all good. All the kexts were in the Other folder.

What I did is I moved ALL THE KEXTS but FakeSMC.kext to the Library/Extension folder and rebuilt caches.
After reboot all is working.
After switch to HDMi, after sleep, back and forth it's now all working.

Yuppie!
Should I try to take all the kexts back to the Other folder and rebuilt cache again?
So I tried throwing all the kexts back onto the Other folder and rebuilding caches and the issue came back.
it simply doesn't work for some reasons if the kexts are injected.

Last edited:
That’s awesome. Really I think you are good, there is an ongoing debate about where kexts should live. Until recently I installed everything to L/E per Rehabman and other more knowledgeable folks than me. Also If kexts are installed in Other there is no need to rebuild the kext cache. It’s not affected.

I only changed my kexts to Other for simplicity in this forum....

That’s awesome. Really I think you are good, there is an ongoing debate about where kexts should live. Until recently I installed everything to L/E per Rehabman and other more knowledgeable folks than me. Also If kexts are installed in Other there is no need to rebuild the kext cache. It’s not affected.

I only changed my kexts to Other for simplicity in this forum....
I confirm, after a second test, when the kexts are in Other, audio breaks, when the kexts are in Library/Extensions it all works great!

Last edited:
Back