Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

any ideas?

These two do the same job and are mutually exclusive - Delete apfs.efi.
apfs.png

Why have you renamed your kexts ?
rename.png

Let me try with deleting the apfs.efi.

As for the second point, when I create my own install media I get

Cannot link kext error and they fail to load. I still stall at the same point. So I downloaded a pre-made install media and just copied over the nuc-8 install config. I no longer get the cannot link kext errors. The renamed Kexts came with that pre-made install media.

Here's what I get with the kexts i downlaod and copy to EFI.

Looks like a permissions issue but I am not sure how to fix it.

Attachments

• IMG_6933.jpg
    IMG_6933.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 103

The guide is outdated now and not being maintained. You can’t use Rehabmans config.plist for bios version 56 and above, new machines come with version 71. It just doesn’t work anymore. Also Rehabmans version of clover is outdated and will not work above mojave 14.2. Download the newest version from sound forge and reinstall. On the page before this one I posted my EFI folder that you can use to replace yours after updating clover.

There is another method for creating the boot media I have been testing that seems to be easier for folks new to this whole thing. Feel free to try it.

On a Mac use Unibeast to create a UEFI Mojave Bootable USB Install drive. Then delete the EFI folder and replace it with this one.

Attachments

• EFINUC8.zip
    19.3 MB · Views: 162
Holy ****! that worked. I followed this guide last year to set up my nuc then stepped away from following the community actively.

Tried yesterday and failed hard and was completely stumped.

Thank you so much @Leesureone!

One more question, I was able to get my Vega 56 eGPU working last time. I tried with your folder. Everything works but when I plug in a thunderbolt device it just says no thunderbolt drivers loaded.

One more question, I was able to get my Vega 56 eGPU working last time. I tried with your folder. Everything works but when I plug in a thunderbolt device it just says no thunderbolt drivers loaded.
Do you have Thunderbolt set to "Legacy" in the bios? Also Hot Plugging doesn't work so your external GPU has to be plugged in before you power on.

Yep. It's set to legacy and it is plugged in before the system boots. Last time, it wouldn't detect it as a thunderbolt device but it still showed up under graphics. This time , no dice.

Yep. It's set to legacy and it is plugged in before the system boots. Last time, it wouldn't detect it as a thunderbolt device but it still showed up under graphics. This time , no dice.
I don't have an external GPU to test but Thunerbolt is native Mojave, there aren't any kexts or drivers to install to make it work. There maybe drivers needed for Thunderbolt devices I think, could be wrong. My external hard drives work so I don't have much advice for you except to google and see what others have done because I'm pretty sure there was another user on this forum who did.

This guy did it but no explanation of how, I know he had issues at first. What dock and GPU do you have?

Back