Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Did you make sure to select the UEFI boot selections shown in the attached when installing? You can always run install again but double check the correct drivers and Kexts are still installed in your hard drive based EFI folder.

I totally did not :(. Ugh. How do I recover? I have an older MacBook Pro. Should I ensure the USB is setup properly there, hopefully boot via USB and then fix in clover installed on my Hackinstosh?

Also, I didn’t backup my config.plist. Did that get overwritten? I’ll try to check myself but I don’t have much time today.

I totally did not :(. Ugh. How do I recover? I have an older MacBook Pro. Should I ensure the USB is setup properly there, hopefully boot via USB and then fix in clover installed on my Hackinstosh?

Also, I didn’t backup my config.plist. Did that get overwritten? I’ll try to check myself but I don’t have much time today.
Yes, boot off the USB drive and then rerun the clover installer. Yes, your config.plist should have been saved.

Yes, boot off the USB drive and then rerun the clover installer. Yes, your config.plist should have been saved.

Ok when I tried to do this it would only let me into the Mac OS installer. How can I get actual OS from USB?

Ok when I tried to do this it would only let me into the Mac OS installer. How can I get actual OS from USB?
If you selected the USB drive on boot your existing installation of OSX should show. If not you may have to start over.

This worked, thanks Leesureone! I booted from the USB drive into Mac OS on my hard drive, then manually copied over the few missing driver64 files. I also cleared all folders from kext except "Other" and validated that my plist was unchanged in the upgrade (phew). Thx again

That’s how it’s done! Way to go!:headbang:

hello everybody

hope someone of you can help me.
I have an NUC7I5BNK.
I used this guid to install osx mojave
It has a HDMI and a USB-C connection port.

USB-C -> HMDI -> BenQ Monitor works
HDMI -> HDMI -> HP Monitor works also

but they dont work together. i get only a blackscreen after booting with clover.

My monitor has no dp port is that a problem?

Thank you for helping me

Attachments

• debug_21738.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 65
hello everybody

hope someone of you can help me.
I have an NUC7I5BNK.
I used this guid to install osx mojave
It has a HDMI and a USB-C connection port.

USB-C -> HMDI -> BenQ Monitor works
HDMI -> HDMI -> HP Monitor works also

but they dont work together. i get only a blackscreen after booting with clover.

My monitor has no dp port is that a problem?

Thank you for helping me

Hi @Ezak91, what you are reporting is kind of a documented issue and this comment from Rehabman is from the first page of this post. His recommendation is to boot with only one monitor connected and then once the OS is loaded hot plugging the second monitor.

"Always must boot with only one monitor, hotplug second."

I don't have an NUC7 but I ran dual monitors on both my NUC8i3 and i5 mostly trouble free. I did use display ports inputs on both monitors making the USBC the primarily display and the HDMI as the second in the bios. I eliminated all graphic or device ID information from my config.plist and let OSX and Whatevergreen.kext sort it out. You can try and "Rem" out the Properties PCIRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) and see what that does. You can also visit the Hackintool Forum on this website for more insight into display configurations for more insight. The screen shot shows where to remark out using Xcode.

Attachments

• Config.plist suggeston.png
    Config.plist suggeston.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
@Leesureone

Thank you for your Answer. But for me it seems that is only for the hdmi sound, not for displaying something?
Hotplug second also doesn't work for me.

I try to edit my config.plist like you said.

@Leesureone

Thank you for your Answer. But for me it seems that is only for the hdmi sound, not for displaying something?
Hotplug second also doesn't work for me.

I try to edit my config.plist like you said.

That is what it looks like from that one post but it's true for double display too. Dont take my word for it, search the site and the web in general and you'll find lots of examples of people having to hot plug there second monitor with on board graphics. It's a documented issue and a little inconvenient.

Back