Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Usually caused by the wrong (or missing) memory fix driver in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.
This working like a charm! Thank you all.

Booted from USB
Mounted EDI
Installed missing drivers (why do these get erased when updating clover?)

Rebooted into 10.14.3 just fine....

Now to try 10.14.4 update. Stay tuned!

@GATEW4Y, I think you had the issue you did because none of the NUCs, 7s or 8s, max out at 32 MB Ram. Figures with 64MB it wouldn't boot

Does anyone know for certain that it is not possible to run macOS on the NUC7 or NUC8 with 64GB RAM (2x32GB 2666 Samsung DDR4 RAM)? I have been able to get my NUC7 to run Windows 10 with 64GB RAM working perfectly.

Does anyone know for certain that it is not possible to run macOS on the NUC7 or NUC8 with 64GB RAM (2x32GB 2666 Samsung DDR4 RAM)? I have been able to get my NUC7 to run Windows 10 with 64GB RAM working perfectly.
I think you lucked out with Windows, from Intels specifications they say these babies max out at 32 MB RAM. If it runs great, if not it was never supposed to by design. Check for yourself on their website, attached is a scene shot from your NUC7 but its the same for 7s and 8s.

Attachments

• Intel Partial Specs NUC7i7.png
    Intel Partial Specs NUC7i7.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Hi, I think that using 2666Mhz DDR4 RAM could be the issue : I use 2400Mhz sticks on a NUC8 box. G.G.

I updated to latest stable Clover and left Mac OS alone. When I select Mac OS at reboot, the screen clears and nothing happens. The same behavior if I try to boot Mac OS install from the USB drive just to see if I can get anything to work. Windows 10 boots without issues (of course). Any ideas?

I updated to latest stable Clover and left Mac OS alone. When I select Mac OS at reboot, the screen clears and nothing happens. The same behavior if I try to boot Mac OS install from the USB drive just to see if I can get anything to work. Windows 10 boots without issues (of course). Any ideas?
Did you make sure to select the UEFI boot selections shown in the attached when installing? You can always run install again but double check the correct drivers and Kexts are still installed in your hard drive based EFI folder.

Attachments

• 063F931C-EF11-468C-A964-8E9E7D10A1B8.png
    063F931C-EF11-468C-A964-8E9E7D10A1B8.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 159
Back