Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Not with the intel built in wireless. Do a search of this forum for some other info on the subject.
Highly recommend following wifi+bt recommendation in post#1. I first tried alternative, failed. Rehabman's NUC7 build is perfect and the wifi+bt card works without issue, just plug and go (IF you used his build).

Hi @Feartech as per my previous post few days ago, I would like to post my findings and step diary for Mojave 10.14.4 clean install on a NUC8i7BEH2 -- would you find it OK to post it here or recommend create a new thread?

It is not really a guide, as some steps are required for people to know (e.g. USB installer etc.) I don't want to confuse NUC7 users here, nor those not wishing to install Mojave... this would be a non-noob but more technical post and request for input/ideas/fixes. Thanks.

UPDATE: My diary was eventually posted as a new thread. If you all have a few minutes to read through and know how to do things manually (some skills are required, sorry...) please drop by this thread regarding a clean direct 10.14.4 install on NUC8 where I also describe why there's the mid-boot pause: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-with-minimal-tweaks-feedback-needed.274445/

Last edited:
I can not get the graphics acceleration with my Intel NUC7i5BNK starting Final Cut Pro X, yet the Intel Graphic Plus 640 is noted as support on the Apple website.
ps: It is possible to have the turbo boost of the I5?

Attachments

• config.plist
    297 bytes · Views: 134
I can not get the graphics acceleration with my Intel NUC7i5BNK starting Final Cut Pro X, yet the Intel Graphic Plus 640 is noted as support on the Apple website.
ps: It is possible to have the turbo boost of the I5?
your config,plist is lacking everything:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>
best you go back and follow the guide

You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)

Yes sorry, I updated my profile.
Regarding the guide, is it adapted to my NUCi5BNK? because the graphics card and the processor are not the same ones used ...

Attachments

• config.plist
    297 bytes · Views: 137
Yes sorry, I updated my profile.
Regarding the guide, is it adapted to my NUCi5BNK? because the graphics card and the processor are not the same ones used ...
not sure why you uploaded that config.plist again??

apparently the guide should be ok

I apply the tuto, it's work ! thanks

I just updated my NUC8i7BEH to 10.14.4 today. My NUC works perfectly as it does in 10.14.3. My bios is v56.

Only one thing left - NVRAM: My NUC always has an issue with AptioMemoryFix-64.efi. It always get stuck when it shuts down/restarts. So, I have to replace AptioMemoryFix-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. Then, I found that if I add OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi together with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, the system then becomes very unstable, and randomly runs into kernel panics.

So I have to remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, and now I don't have NVRAM support any more.

I guess it might something to do with my Corsair 8GB*2 RAM. Do you guys have any idea? Thanks!

I just updated my NUC8i7BEH to 10.14.4 today. My NUC works perfectly as it does in 10.14.3. My bios is v56.

Only one thing left - NVRAM: My NUC always has an issue with AptioMemoryFix-64.efi. It always get stuck when it shuts down/restarts. So, I have to replace AptioMemoryFix-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. Then, I found that if I add OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi together with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, the system then becomes very unstable, and randomly runs into kernel panics.

So I have to remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, and now I don't have NVRAM support any more.

I guess it might something to do with my Corsair 8GB*2 RAM. Do you guys have any idea? Thanks!
If you were to post the following as shown in the first post someone may be able to help you....probably not me but at least it’ll be out there for a moderator. See below

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting". Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Last edited:
All,

For the NUC7i7BNH, the internal USB Ports (Headers) are HS05 and HS06.

Back