Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi,

I followed this guide to install Mojave on my NUC7 Dawson Canyon.
Almost everything works ! I've swapped the original Intel WiFi Card with a Broadcom one (same reference than the one given in this guide) and I managed to get Wifi and BT working with the Kext and patch provided in this guide :)

The only problem is the monitor wake (see picture attached).
Workaround found is to change to the second HDMI port (Dawson Canyon has 2 HDMI port) but it does not always work.

Any idea how to fix this ? My monitor is an HP 24es running in 1920 x 1280.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've attached to the post the result of the debug script found on this forum, I pressed F2 + F4 at boot before collecting files. Hope I made it right.
So interestingly, I had my Hackintosh in sleep mode for many hours over the weekend, and had to plug my USB keyboard in (because its shared with my PC at the moment). When I took it out of sleep, I had a number of quick flashes of the white noise screen you showed in this message. I rebooted to clear it up.

I'm getting constant crashes on my NUC8i5BEK. It seems to crash when I'm using image/video related things like looking through images and using teamviewer (or just have too many windows open.)

Figured out my problem was not updating the Bios. Updated to BE0051.bio despite there being newer versions available. but its since stopped the constant crashing.

Make sure you guys are updating to the correct and newest BIOS version! There are files for each model: NUC5, NUC6, NUC7, NUC8...etc, so you have to make sure you get the exact right one. It isn't the easiest thing, you have to put it on a jump drive and sort of "boot" the update, rather than just doing from the BIOS directly. You can use a stinkin' mouse in the BIOS nowadays, but not the internet...yet. At least not on the NUC.

I've finally got a perfectly working build.

For a while, I was having a very specific problem with using Adobe Premiere and After Effects. My system would crash immediately after importing video files. Since the computer was built to edit and to edit ONLY, this was a huge issue. Everything else worked fine, aside from the things we know don't work (wifi, thunderbolt, sd card, etc.) Obviously it was a graphics issue.

For anyone having troubles (graphically) with the NUC8 install, perhaps try this. I'm not saying it will work 100% and I recommend duplicating your entire Clover drive, as to not lose anything that you already have done. But when you've tried nearly every thing are are at your wits end, you've got to try some stuff.

Thankfully, Vanessag posted her Clover build/kexts on this thread. Read up on what she has to say and try out her files, if you'd like. Rehabman's build was incredible and I'm very greatful for it, but with these additional graphics problems, I had reached a standstill. Vanessa's small additions worked for me and now I'm up and running properly!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-intel-nuc-nuc8i7beh-compatibily.257135/page-12

Last edited:
Thanks @RehabMan for the guide !

I just can't get my 2 monitors working (two 1920x1080), one plugged in the HDMI port the other in the USB C port via a USB C to HDMI adapter. They both work on their own, but not together. During boot and in the BIOS, they both display the same thing. But the HDMI one shuts down once booted (I set the main display output to be thunderbolt in the BIOS). I tried plugging each one after boot, didnt work.
There are 2 config.plist files (one is named config_copy.plist so is inactive), the active one has an invalid ig-platform-id and framebuffer-patch-enable set to 1, thats the only difference.

I have the NUC8i7BEH with one 16GB stick of RAM

Any idea ?

Attachments

• debug_26690_one-monitor-working.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
Hi, i followed the guide, excelent job. Everything work, also TB3 with audio, 4k@60hz on HDMI with sound. Siri, iMessage, Time Machine, etc.
Not tested BT, WIFI, i am still wating to Macbook Air card + adaptet to SATA port.

I used:
Samsung Evo 970 1TB, 32GB DDR4 2400 HyperX Kingston.

BUT:
1] after adding the "Sinetek-rtsx.kext" for Card reader, the video output stated flashing by blackscreen, to i remove it and disable in BIOS, maybe this file is not needed. I really dont use microSD card reader.

2] After install, i encrypted my SSD, but after reboot i cant see it in Clover Boot Master, so i decrypted the disk by Disk Utility and Terminal, and everything works again .. is there any chance to make FileVault works in Mojave 10.14.3 ?

3] I have one issue, with the network speed. Some times is very slow, and ping is too much high. I found that is could be broken by SMB (samba) connection to the NAS, i dont know. ... Does anybody has the same issue ? or i need to wait for updated driver ? https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-intel-network/downloads/

Thanks for help.

Attachments

• drivers64UEFI.zip
    70.8 KB · Views: 91
  • kexts.zip
    334.4 KB · Views: 103
Thanks @RehabMan for the guide !

I just can't get my 2 monitors working (two 1920x1080), one plugged in the HDMI port the other in the USB C port via a USB C to HDMI adapter. They both work on their own, but not together. During boot and in the BIOS, they both display the same thing. But the HDMI one shuts down once booted (I set the main display output to be thunderbolt in the BIOS). I tried plugging each one after boot, didnt work.
There are 2 config.plist files (one is named config_copy.plist so is inactive), the active one has an invalid ig-platform-id and framebuffer-patch-enable set to 1, thats the only difference.

I have the NUC8i7BEH with one 16GB stick of RAM

Any idea ?

Sounds aligned with what @CaseySJ is helping people with in his general Framebuffer guide. Although it is not written for the NUC line, there is some very good info in that thread regarding Hackintool and how to troubleshoot similar issues.

Thank you @buffaloduets for your answer, interesting thread but I'm not sure it concerns me since both my outputs work, but not simultaniously (if I understood the thread well, which is uncertain haha)
I could buy a usb c to dual HDMI as workaround, I really need a solution quickly. But in SystemReport, in Thunderbolt it says "no drivers found" .. But it works with one display. Should I worry ?

Am I reading that the front mic input / headphone wont output sound?

or just unable to use the mic ?

Back