Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

You probably still have iMac16,2 data in config.plist/SMBIOS.
Thank you! Worked like a charm! New version of Clover Config was slightly different than the tutorial I was following.
Change to a 2018 mac mini and Geekbench went from
You probably still have iMac16,2 data in config.plist/SMBIOS.
Thanks for the tip!

Got it changed properly and now showing Mac Mini 2018 properly.

Geekbench went from 17,421 to 18,148 (+4%)

@RehabMan
Hi, I have some problem with my newly installed BCM94360CSAX, WIFI works, but the bluetooth will only work when I check 'FixUSB' in clover config.plist, but it I checked it, my internal sound will not work; uncheck "FixUSB" then bluetooth won't work, and sound works... would you take a look at my setup? Thank you.

edit: after reading some more about usb ports limits by RehabMan, I'm able to enable one of the internal usb header that bluetooth data pins connected, and the bluetooth is working. Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_6046.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hi all, I have NUC8i5 and managed to get USB wireless working with:
https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover

After running rehab man scripts to complete NUC8 install, USB wireless stops.
Through a process of elimination I removed a bunch of kexts and now have the following remaining in Library/Extensions:
AppleALC, FacePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio, FakePCIID, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, USBInjectAll, WhateverGreen

Wireless now works, but assuming I may have removed too many kexts and also will run into problems again if I update from the git.

@RehabMan I just wanted to say thank you very much for your work.

I followed your guide for the NUC7I7DNHE (the taller variant of the DNKE). Everything works!!!

I swapped the Intel wifi card with a BCM94352Z (fenvi dw1560) bought from a Chinese reseller and it works like a charm with the kexts that are already included in the repo.

I even got Continuity and Handoff working flawlessly, even the Continuity camera feature!
If someone is interested, the only thing that I had to add was the boot argument: "brcmfx-country=XX" and set it with my country code.

Best of luck to anyone that tries this build and just follow the guide step by step.

Best Regards!

Hi @RehabMan, thanks so much for doing this. First time attempting a hackintosh. Followed all the instructions and repeated whole process to make sure I hadn't missed something. Intel NUC8i5BEK.

I cannot get to a first boot of the target drive. macOS Mojave installs, reboots, installs Recovery, and then when I attempt to boot from target drive it attempts finishing installation and then crashes and reboots into Clover. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
Hi @crumpx - which m.2 adapter did you purchase that worked with your WiFi / Bluetooth card?

Last edited:
For me on board bluetooth was showing but not working properly, was not able to connect any bluetooth devices. And GBU521 IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter was also not working

Done below steps now GBU521 IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter is working fine.

1) disable port limit in XHCI kext (credit DalianSky,Ricky), Mount EFI using Clover Configurator open config.plist from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover in text editor like Sublime and add below code in KextsToPatch section

Code:
<dict>
  <key>Comment</key>
  <string>disable port limit in XHCI kext (credit DalianSky,Ricky)</string>
  <key>MatchOS</key>
  <string>10.14.1,10.14.2</string>
  <key>Name</key>
  <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
  <key>Find</key>
  <data>g/sPD4OPBAAA</data>
  <key>Replace</key>
  <data>g/sPkJCQkJCQ</data>
</dict>

2) Disable on board Bluetooth in BIOS (see attached photo for reference)
Devices > Onboard Devices > Bluetooth

Attachments

• disable-bluetooth-in-bios.jpeg
    disable-bluetooth-in-bios.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 166
Is there any way to get the built-in SD card reader in my NUC8 to work?

There's an 'unknown card type' "flag" in the top right of my screen (attached screen shot), wondering what it is? It's there every time I start the computer. If I choose 'power off card' I don't notice it having any effect. If it's nothing I'd like to get rid of it permanently.

Attachments

• debug_25217.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 8.21.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 8.21.44 PM.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 122
Hi, my NUC8i5BEK is pretty loud, even when idling at 40 degrees. If it is turnt off for a while, it stays quit for a couple minutes after boot, but quickly gets loud again (about as loud as my Dell xps 13 at 80% fan speed). Is there any way to fix this, or is this normal? I already set the fan settings in the bios to quiet.

Back