Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Since I'm on a NUC8i5BEK, I'd be happy to beta test your guide for you!
The guide is almost done (needs some polishing), I've reinstalled macOS to be sure everything's working.
I'll post it tomorrow if I had time.

Just wanna say all this info made available from RehabMan is ridiculously amazing.
I followed the guide for a NUC8i7BEH. And basically just worked when no errors by the user (me) was applied. A bit confusing to jump back and forth between guides, and getting the right plist. But when that said, this is AMAZING!
The machine feels like a real-smaller-better-faster Mac mini!

I apologize ahead of time if this is a known issue, however, I just wanted to say that I followed your guide and I successfully got a NUC8 configured as a Hackintosh. Previously it was stated that a dual monitor setup would need to be hotplugged in after boot, however, I have seen issues stating that once the hot plug has been done and everything is working, if you turn off or unplug the secondary monitor the computer reboots after a few seconds. Is this normal or have people gotten it working with a dual monitor setup while powering off/unplugging the second monitor? I apologize ahead of time, I have read (almost) everything and wanted to get a definitive answer. I have also attached the files that I hope are the ones you need for problem reporting.
I also want to thank you for making this a (relatively) easy to do hackintosh system. I had a lot of trouble getting this working, but upon reading and re-reading everything I was able to get this working just fine on a single 4k monitor setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• reporting.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 74
The guide is almost done (needs some polishing), I've reinstalled macOS to be sure everything's working.
I'll post it tomorrow if I had time.

It would be interesting if in your guide you would also share the CLOVER files. It's where I had the biggest problems to install macOS correctly in NUC8.
Sharing images of the BIOS configuration would also be perfect.

Have you had any problems with the post-installation?

I get several errors : "Kext with invalid signatured" and "No such file or directory" when i run install_downloads.sh and I can't finish and install clover in sdd.

My BIOS doesn't have the "Execute Disable Bit" option. Have you been able to activate it in any way?
Security->Security Features, "Execute Disable Bit" is enabled.

Hi, after follow RehabMan's instructions to install Mojave 10.14.2 on my nuc8i7beh. Everything looks okay except Bluetooth, no audio and usb 3 seems not working. Is there any guide? I have external bluetooth dongle. How can I make it work? Thank you for your help. Happy New Year.

I have NUC7IBNH so i have one m2 and one 2.5 slot. Is it possible to install the intel wifi/bluetooth module into M2 and just use the 2.5 drive as main and only drive. Thanks guys. I'm a newbie.

I have my nuc8i7beh (16GB DDR4-2400, 256GB 961 m.2, 500gb 950 evo) mostly up and running. So far I have 2 issues i'm hoping you guys can help me with:

1. I use a 2k monitor(1440p) and the color shows as purple until I change the scaling to 1080p in system preferences, then I can turn scaling back off again and the color will remain correct until the next boot.

2. System hangs on shutdown/reboot spinnng up the cpu fan making me thing i stuck in a race condition forcing me to do a hard shutdown.

I was following a mix of cric's guide and this one whne i needed more info to find some of the kexts.

Thanks

I had my nuc8i5bek installed with 32gb of ram (16x2),sx8200 pro 512gb and a 512gb sata ssd.

During the first installation it constantly reboots at 2 mins remaining.

With the error of "You may not install to this volume because it can not be converted to Apple File System".

P.S I can wipe both drive and set it to apfs in disk utility but it just not working when installing

I have also tried installing the macos mojave on xps13 using the sx8200 pro but it's the same error as above

I wonder is that my both ssd is not suitable for hackintosh?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back