Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hello everyone,

besides the administrator account I've created a personal one. I'm not able to get the app hwmonitor running on this account (in the administrator account hwmonitor runs with no problem).

This is what I get when I open hwmonitor:
/Applications/HWMonitor.app/Contents/MacOS/HWMonitor ; exit;
iMac:~ user$ /Applications/HWMonitor.app/Contents/MacOS/HWMonitor ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/Growl.framework/Versions/A/Growl
Referenced from: /Applications/HWMonitor.app/Contents/MacOS/HWMonitor
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/HWMonitor.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/Growl.framework/Versions/A/Growl: stat() failed with errno=13
/Applications/HWMonitor.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/Growl.framework/Versions/A/Growl: stat() failed with errno=13
Abort trap: 6
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
[Prozess beendet]

Got any ideas?

Greetings
schlotterp

Attachments

• debug_18924.zip
    3 MB · Views: 82
You have to install Clover before you run the post installation scripts. You don't need the USB stick to boot after that.

I did that but my NUC still won't boot without the USB stick. Again, I followed the instructions.

Okay, I need to ask for help...

I am a complete noob to mackintosh. That said, I do my best to read and follow directions. Thanks for this great guide!

[...]

Thanks again.

I have it working, after modifying the NUC8 BIOS. Doesn't seem to make sense, but I changed the IGD Minimum to 64MB (it was 32MB) and rebooted. Everything works, audio, mics, etc.

NEW problem... I had a power outage at the house, and now when I try to boot I get the "Do Not Proceed" symbol and verbose shows the Error loading kernel cache (0x9) message.

Searches hint at rebuilding the caches... ??? I see instructions for prior to Mojave...

Anyone have clear, precise instructions for me to rebuild the kernel cache (if that's what I should be doing?)

I booted with -f option at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have a boxnuc8i7beh1, got almost everything working, but when I put it to sleep, it will wake up but itself after a couple of seconds to the login screen. I will attach my debug file, and if anyone need the clove for this particular model, it's in the package too. I used my EFI folder for both installation and use, works fine.

Works: audio, microphone, audio over HDMI, restart, shutdown, intel iris 665
not working: sleep, on-board bluetooth loads but won't work.

one more question, I have a sata ssd in this build, does the m.2 slot take a wifi module? I got a bcm94360cs2 and B+M M.2 adapter but my windows and osx don't see it, does this build allow this set up? or my card is bad?

Attachments

• debug_3378.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 78
Hello, my setup : NUC7 BNH and Mojave 10.14.2
I've followed this guide (which is excellent), Hibernate was disabled using pmset

I've got a little issue, it's related to sleep / power-saving

Sometimes, when waking up, the HDMI monitor isn't turned on properly and there's garbage onscreen.
This happen when the computer was asleep for a long period ( 1h+ ), if woken up right after sleep = no problem.

By googling this look like a common (HDMI hardware?) issue on Intel NUC and unrelated to operating system : Windows & Linux are affected.

The only solution that I've found
* Disable sleep from the Apple menu
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist SystemPowerSettings -dict SleepDisabled -bool YES
* Using an app called 'Amphetamine' that keeps computer running but at least turn the monitor OFF after few minutes

If someone knows a better solution I would be glad to learn it.

I have the same EXACT problem and posted about it a few pages back! Nobody responded :(. Nice to know I'm not the only one AND it's NUC related and not Hackintosh related.

Is there a bug report logged with Intel can you find? Also can you provide the site information that confirmed it's truly an Intel HDMI hardware issue?

Thanks

I have the same EXACT problem and posted about it a few pages back! Nobody responded :(. Nice to know I'm not the only one AND it's NUC related and not Hackintosh related.

Is there a bug report logged with Intel can you find? Also can you provide the site information that confirmed it's truly an Intel HDMI hardware issue?

Thanks

for NUC7: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490UBJSA2/nuc7i7bnh-screen-does-not-wake-up-from-sleep

https://forums.intel.com/s/global-search/nuc hdmi sleep

Hi, All!!
I have a NUC8i5BEH and I have installed macOS High Sierra and when everything is working I will upgrade to Mojave. The problem is in the post-installation, I clone the GitHub repository, I run the download script but when I run the "install_downloads.sh" script I get several errors : "Kext with invalid signatured" and "No such file or directory".
I add log.
Is there anything wrong with the installation script that these folders are not created?
Am I missing any more steps?

Thanks!

Attachments

• install_downloads.txt
    31.2 KB · Views: 167
Hi

This is my first post here.
I was planning on buying a mac mini, untill i stumbled into this forum here.
After reading a lot lot about hackingtosh, im now planning on buying a nuc8i5beh.
Thx to rehabman for the guide.
Also to cric who is planning tonwrite a guide especcialy for this model.

Hello,

I would like to test the NUC8i5BEH guide I've been working on, and install a "fresh" version of macOS Mojave.
But I can't access the recovery partition to erase macOS from my SSD.

Thanks for help!

Never mind, the Recovery is on the USB stick...

Back