Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Guys, I am stuck. I have successfully installed macOS Mojave on my NUC8i7BEH. Everything is working fine except the Ethernet. When I plug my Ethernet cable in, about 15 seconds later, macOS crashes and reboots into clover. When I unplug it, It works fine with no issues. I am using IntelMausiEthernet (suggested by the guide). Does anyone know what is happening? Thanks.
hi,
check your EFI partition in EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/Other to see if you have IntelMausiEthernet.kext ( version 2.4.1d1 or more)

Okay, I need to ask for help...

I am a complete noob to mackintosh. That said, I do my best to read and follow directions. Thanks for this great guide!

I have 8 GB in a single stick, HDMI connected to a Dell 3218HN, at 1920 x 1080.
Successfully built boot USB with Clover using Rehabman's guide. After getting through the thread and finding detail about setting ig-platform-id to 0x12345678, I made it through to the post-install phase, with internet working. Again followed guide and downloaded into ~/Projects/nuc.git, and proceeded to make; make install_nuc8bc. I didn't modify the config_nuc8_bc.plist, other than to rename it once I had copied it to the mounted /EFI/EFI/CLOVER (as config.plist, of course).

However, upon reboot, and Clover loads, I get Apple logo and what appears to be about half the progress bar, and bam, reboot, endless cycle. In an attempt to get booted, I tried the flash drive again, and modified the ig-platform-id again in CLOVER boot menu options, and then selected macOS from SSD. This worked, but of course is not ideal goal. So I copied the config_install_nuc8_bc.plist to the (again mounted) /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. I removed the flash drive. Now, I can boot all the way to the desktop, if I modify the ig-platform-id every time before proceeding through CLOVER.

I've run the gen_debug (after pressing F2 and F4 at CLOVER) after restoring the proper config_nuc8_bc.plist FIRST, so that the environment would be the way it is when it crashes. I also put the boot into verbose from CLOVER and then took a picture of the screen upon crash. I am attaching both the gen_debug ZIP and the picture, in the hopes that you can point me to the correct solution.

I feel like I'm closer; just need it to boot without help, using NUC8 iGPU, and then I can move on to getting analog audio working out the front audio jack. My Dell doesn't have speakers, so I won't be using HDMI audio just yet. (Totally budget build, I got the Dell at Costco as a display unit (no box) for $100).
Here's the screenshot"
IMG_8825.jpg

I did see that the gen_debug had a problem with the IOREG ...
Dumping IOREG.
IOREG dump failed. Retrying by increasing delays...
Increased delay by x2 times. Retrying...
Increased delay by x3 times. Retrying...
IOREG dump has failed 3 times. Dumping generic IOREG report instead.

Let me know if I need to do something different or if the generic report is sufficient.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• debug_31890.zip
    2 MB · Views: 68
I am new to Hackintosh world, and I would like thank you all especially Rehabman for his time and effort to help others. I'm using a NUC8I5BEK, 8GB DDR4, 500GB 970 NVMe. I have installed Mojave and restarted for the first time and complete its installation then the NUC restarted for the 3rd time and freezes on Apple logo after the bar is completed. I went through the thread and couldn't pass this step.
  • I am sure about BIOS settings, and legacy boot is enabled
  • ig-platform-id is 0x12345678
  • added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to drivers64UEFI
I uploaded my clover folder, can anyone check it if there is anything wrong with it.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 90
I followed Rehabman's guide all the way through, inclusive of disabling (I think?) hibernation mode for my NUC8 i3.

When I sleep my computer for a long period (overnight), or just leave it (and it put displays and hard disks to sleep on its own eventually), I typically come back to this garbled screen that comes in/out. When it goes out, the NUC loses connectivity to the display. I have to turn off the NUC and turn it back on to resolve.

Anyone else experiencing this and potentially solved it?

https://i.imgur.com/wfZTfAo.jpg

Hello,

I finale managed to install macOS on my NUC8I5BEK, 16GB Crucial RAM and 500GB 970 NVMe + DELL with HDMI (Full HD).
Everything's looks to be working (Clover on boot, sound via HDMI, USB3 ports), thanks to @RehabMan.

I ran Handbrake to test the CPU, works great!

If I have time, I may write a specific guide for a NUC8I5BEK.

I'm having the same 2 minute freeze. Where can I get EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and where do I put it on the USB install stick?
hi i give you mine,
put it in your EFI partition ( hard disk )
in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Attachments

• EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
    15.6 KB · Views: 88
Hello,

I finale managed to install macOS on my NUC8I5BEK, 16GB Crucial RAM and 500GB 970 NVMe + DELL with HDMI (Full HD).
Everything's looks to be working (Clover on boot, sound via HDMI, USB3 ports), thanks to @RehabMan.

@Cric, I have the exact same NUC as you, and would GREATLY appreciate a walkthrough guide. I can't thank RehabMan enough for his guide here, but it's very confusing at times. I'm going to begin my build of it next week, and would love to know what you did to get everything working on your NUC8.

I have the exact same NUC as you, and would GREATLY appreciate a walkthrough guide. I can't thank RehabMan enough for his guide here, but it's very confusing at times. I'm going to begin my build of it next week, and would love to know what you did to get everything working on your NUC8.

Yes, going back and forth between the Clover guide and the NUC8 guide can be confusing. Hopefully, I should post this guide before Sunday!

Yes, going back and forth between the Clover guide and the NUC8 guide can be confusing. Hopefully, I should post this guide before Sunday!
Looking forward to it.. I did follow @RehabMan's guide(really appreciate his effort here), got mine setup and working, but it doesn't sleep well(reboot on its own after deep sleep), I have tried to put hibernatemode to 0 but that didn't help.

Hello,

You have my vote! I have a very similar config, so I would appreciate seeing exactly what needs to be done for your config.

Back