Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

As per post #1, you can install M.2 2230 PCIe WiFi (BCM94352Z) in the Dawson Canyon.
No need to use USB.
Now you kill me!
I'm sorry.
I meant "Bean Canyon" NUC8i5BEH
:banghead:

Now you kill me!
I'm sorry.
I meant "Bean Canyon" NUC8i5BEH
:banghead:

USB WiFi is off-topic here. Refer to the Buyer's Guide or use search.

Are you able to have sound through bluetooth on the BCM94352Z?

I don't use BT audio.
Also, the BT hardware bundled with BCM943252 hardware varies, and therefore so does results when using BT.

Make sure BIOS settings are correct, "wake on lan" disabled. Also disable in SysPrefs.

Fan control can be tweaked in BIOS.

Hi,
I know. Maybe someone is willing to share his/her setup. When I remember it correctly, there's the possibility to import/export the fan control from the bios? Right? (With that I mean „Profiles“).

Greetings,
schlotterp

Hi,
I know. Maybe someone is willing to share his/her setup. When I remember it correctly, there's the possibility to import/export the fan control from the bios? Right? (With that I mean „Profiles“).

Greetings,
schlotterp

I took this settings from the Intel community. Really quiet under light use, better results than quiet mode:

Attachments

• E9D27650-3809-4DD7-A298-93BDCDACF07C.png
    E9D27650-3809-4DD7-A298-93BDCDACF07C.png
    760.5 KB · Views: 300
I'm venturing into the world of Hackintosh. Although I’ve built a few PCs over the years the NUC8I5BEK is going to be my first Hackintosh. I have a stupid question. It seems simple. I’ve ran searches and spent a few hours reading through posts but haven’t found an answer. So it’s either so stupid that no one else has bothered to ask, or I missed it in my searches. Either way I apologize in advance.

I’ve found many posts that the builds use Crucial 16GB DDR4 2400 but I’ve found Mac and PC versions.

My first impulse is the Mac version. I’ve read there is compatibility issues if you try and use the PC version on an iMac. But since the motherboard was originally intended to be for a PC do I need the PC version? Or even if that makes a difference.

Do they both work? I found a post (I can’t find it now) where two people using the same ram have different benchmarks. I wonder if the difference is that one uses the PC and the other the Mac version.

Here are the links to the different versions I found.

Crucial 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz SO-DIMM Memory Module
MFR # CT16G4SFD824A
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1208361-REG/crucial_ct16g4sfd824a_16gb_ddr4_2400_mhz.html

Crucial 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz SO-DIMM Memory Module for Mac

MFR # CT16G4SFD824A

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1346252-REG/crucial_ct16g4s24am_16gb_ddr4_2400_mt_s.html

I’m planning to use the Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M.2 Internal SSD. B&H has a pretty good deal on it right no.
$259.99 but it is back ordered a couple weeks.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1398241-REG/samsung_mz_v7e1t0bw_1tb_970_evo_nvme.html

And it is a stupid long post for one stupid question.

I’ve found many posts that the builds use Crucial 16GB DDR4 2400 but I’ve found Mac and PC versions.

My first impulse is the Mac version. I’ve read there is compatibility issues if you try and use the PC version on an iMac. But since the motherboard was originally intended to be for a PC do I need the PC version? Or even if that makes a difference.

Intel publishes a list of tested RAM for each specific NUC. You should use RAM from that list.

Hi during post installation i am unable to download the clover application it keep saying an error has occurred.

Back