Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Pushed appropriate (but different) changes to github. Hopefully they still work for you.

I will use the optional 'make install_cflalt' to add SSDT_CFLALT.aml to ACPI/patched, which will override ig-platform-id to 0x3e9b0007, as that seems to work better on my NUC8.
The config_nuc8_bc.plist has patches for all possible ig-platform-id values (selected according to injected ig-platform-id).

It worked when I tested it last week. I had a couple of different 4k monitors over the course of two days...

I have since returned my 4k display(s), so will not be able to continue testing for a while (tried each disoiplay one day each, but was not satisfied with either).
Will be considering a Dell 24" 4k IPS display, which should satisfy my 4k needs until I pull the trigger on a 32" model.

Looks good. You should have the same result with the current github files.

Tested latest commit and it is working fine. Thank you!!

You solved this really well, now with the same code we can test/use both IGPU ids without touching config.plist file. Well done!

can I know if is there any wifi adapter to provide handoff

I found a M.2 BCM94352Z or a BCM94360CS2 with a NGFF to M.2 adapter, but since the only M.2 slot of my NUC7i7BNH is taken by the Samsung SSD 950 PRO, I wonder if is there any usb option instead.

I can also confirm that it works now with the current GitHub version. Thanks RehabMan
Tested latest commit and it is working fine. Thank you!!

You solved this really well, now with the same code we can test/use both IGPU ids without touching config.plist file. Well done!

Thanks to both of you for testing and working through this issue with me.
Appreciated.

I have also the sound problem. On high sierra everthing is fine, mojave there is no sound on head phones. the solution should be following

"
The kext (FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext) should be already installed,... but it is disabled via FAKH=0. Change it to 1 and it will activate.
"
Sorry but i don´t understand what i have to do. Would anyone explain it in detail?

thanks !!!

I have also the sound problem. On high sierra everthing is fine, mojave there is no sound on head phones. the solution should be following

"
The kext (FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext) should be already installed,... but it is disabled via FAKH=0. Change it to 1 and it will activate.
"
Sorry but i don´t understand what i have to do. Would anyone explain it in detail?

thanks !!!
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Using your SSDT files seems to have stabilized my random reboots as well.

No need to use old SSDTs. Changes already checked into the github repo.

You now have a choice to use SSDT_CFLALT.aml or not (without it uses 0x3ea50000, with it uses 0x3e9b0007).

No need to use old SSDTs. Changes already checked into the github repo.

You now have a choice to use SSDT_CFLALT.aml or not (without it uses 0x3ea50000, with it uses 0x3e9b0007).

Code:
cd nuc.git ; git pull ; make ; make install_nuc8bc ; pause ; sudo reboot

Success!

Code:
cd nuc.git ; git pull ; make ; make install_nuc8bc ; pause ; sudo reboot

Success!

You might have forgotten to update your config.plist.

Back