Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

And it appears at least some support is in 10.14.1 for that board-id:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:nuc.git rehabman$ grep Mac-7BA5B2DFE22DDD8C /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist
       <string>Mac-7BA5B2DFE22DDD8C</string>
And...
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:nuc.git rehabman$ grep Mac-7BA5B2DFE22DDD8C -R /System/Library/Extensions/
Binary file /System/Library/Extensions//ApplePlatformEnabler.kext/Contents/MacOS/ApplePlatformEnabler matches
/System/Library/Extensions//AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist:               <key>Mac-7BA5B2DFE22DDD8C</key>
/System/Library/Extensions//IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources:       <key>Resources/Mac-7BA5B2DFE22DDD8C.plist</key>
/System/Library/Extensions//IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources:       <key>Resources/Mac-7BA5B2DFE22DDD8C.plist</key>

Seems worth testing...

With NUC8 + Macmini8,1, GeekBench4 scores are improved (over iMac16,2).

Thank you for testing!
How is it possible to generate a serial number for this model?

You could base it off the one in Clover (platformdata.c). I didn't bother yet... just using Clover defaults.

Tested, but the Geekbench scores look the same to me.

It might have been a fluke for me... thought I had GB ~16k with iMac16,2/iMac14,2, but I think not.
Currently consistent at ~19k.

Made some changes to the project re NUC8/CFL... Now using 0x3e9b0007 as it seems to help with the USB type-C for monitor connection (I'm using a USB type-C->DP cable for testing). I'm pretty sure that is the ig-platform-id used by the Macmini8,1 as it is the only one in CFL kext that does not have an LVDS connector.

Macmini8,1 works with 10.14.1 (with new build of Clover), but I will keep the default github plist at iMac16,2 for compatibility with 10.13/10.12 (10.12 can use SSDT-SKLSPF.aml).

It might have been a fluke for me... thought I had GB ~16k with iMac16,2/iMac14,2, but I think not.
Currently consistent at ~19k.

Made some changes to the project re NUC8/CFL... Now using 0x3e9b0007 as it seems to help with the USB type-C for monitor connection (I'm using a USB type-C->DP cable for testing). I'm pretty sure that is the ig-platform-id used by the Macmini8,1 as it is the only one in CFL kext that does not have an LVDS connector.

Macmini8,1 works with 10.14.1 (with new build of Clover), but I will keep the default github plist at iMac16,2 for compatibility with 10.13/10.12 (10.12 can use SSDT-SKLSPF.aml).

Bad news RehabMan, with the new changes to the SSDT, the NUC8 reboots right after login :( (cannot take debug files because of this).
I restored my EFI backup, and using the new config file with the old SSDT works well, so it seems the problem is with new SSDT only.

Bad news RehabMan, with the new changes to the SSDT, the NUC8 reboots right after login :( (cannot take debug files because of this).
I restored my EFI backup, and using the new config file with the old SSDT works well, so it seems the problem is with new SSDT only.

Working just fine here.

The changes are more than just SSDT.
There were changes to config.plist that must be implemented.
You didn't mention updating your config.plist, so I assume you forgot.

Old config.plist settings not valid with new SSDT.
New config.plist settings not valid with old SSDT.

Back