Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I have only one monitor. When I boot I have no sound, unplug hdmi and plug it again and sound starts working. It would be interesting that sound works without needing to replug cable (using only one monitor).

I will try to reproduce your scenario.
Right now the hardware I usually use in the NUC7 Dawson Canyon is sitting in my NUC8 Bean Canyon.
It probably won't be until tomorrow.

In the meantime, test on High Sierra to see if it is a new problem in Mojave or something that was also present in 10.13.
Also, you could enable FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext by changing FAKH to 1 in SSDT-NUC7-DC.aml.

Last edited:
where is folder from audio driver?

No idea what you're asking.
You need to attach problem reporting files as requested.

I will try to reproduce your scenario.
Right now the hardware I usually use in the NUC7 Dawson Canyon is sitting in my NUC8 Bean Canyon.
It probably won't be until tomorrow.

In the meantime, test on High Sierra to see if it is a new problem in Mojave or something that was also present in 10.13.
Also, you could enable FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext by changing FAKH to 1 in SSDT-NUC7-DC.aml.
Thank you RehabMan. In High Sierra it was working fine. Will try to Enable Intel HDMI Audio as you say. I have to copy that kext to CLOVER/kexts/Other?

Thank you RehabMan. In High Sierra it was working fine. Will try to Enable Intel HDMI Audio as you say. I have to copy that kext to CLOVER/kexts/Other?

The kext (FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext) should be already installed,... but it is disabled via FAKH=0. Change it to 1 and it will activate.

The kext (FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext) should be already installed,... but it is disabled via FAKH=0. Change it to 1 and it will activate.

It is working RehabMan, thank you very much!! Should I delete AppleALC references then as it seems it's not working?

It is working RehabMan, thank you very much!! Should I delete AppleALC references then as it seems it's not working?

AppleALC works fine... it provides analog audio via the headphone jack.
I will enable FAKH for the SSDT-NUC7-DC.

Hi RehabMan,

Mojave appears to have nixed my audio over HDMI also. I have tried unplugging / replugging in the HDMI as chanquete69 did, but the only available audio outs available in system preferences are Airplay devices. Under High Sierra I successfully had analogue out and HDMI.

My monitor is an AOC U2879G6 4k panel.

Files attached.

Attachments

• debug_5002.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 153
Hi RehabMan,

Mojave appears to have nixed my audio over HDMI also. I have tried unplugging / replugging in the HDMI as chanquete69 did, but the only available audio outs available in system preferences are Airplay devices. Under High Sierra I successfully had analogue out and HDMI.

Files attached.
Have you tried enabling Intel HDMI Audio as RehabMan told me? It solves the problem for me.

Have you tried enabling Intel HDMI Audio as RehabMan told me? It solves the problem for me.

Do you mean this?:

I read it but I'm not clear where FAKH=0 is to change it? I don't have an FAKH=0 in the config.plist and I'm not experienced at ACPI patching.

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan,

Files attached.

You damaged AppleALC.kext permissions as can clearly be seen in kextcache:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa3f7ec7da0 [0x7fffa84488e0]> { URL = "AppleALC.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }
AppleALC.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Run ./install_downloads.sh to fix.

But also, your copy of the github project is not up-to-date (there have been recent changes that you don't have).
Make sure you follow post #1 instructions for updating.

Your drivers64UEFI is wrong. apfs.efi is not used anymore. Instead, as per guide, we use ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and ApfsImageLoader-64.efi.
Also, you're not running the recommended RehabMan Clover build.

Refer to the Clover laptop guide (it is also linked from post #1):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Back