Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
Intel NUC7I5BNK
CPU
i5-7260U
Graphics
HD 640
hello everybody

hope someone of you can help me.
I have an NUC7I5BNK.
I used this guid to install osx mojave
It has a HDMI and a USB-C connection port.

USB-C -> HMDI -> BenQ Monitor works
HDMI -> HDMI -> HP Monitor works also

but they dont work together. i get only a blackscreen after booting with clover.

My monitor has no dp port is that a problem?

Thank you for helping me

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
hello everybody

hope someone of you can help me.
I have an NUC7I5BNK.
I used this guid to install osx mojave
It has a HDMI and a USB-C connection port.

USB-C -> HMDI -> BenQ Monitor works
HDMI -> HDMI -> HP Monitor works also

but they dont work together. i get only a blackscreen after booting with clover.

My monitor has no dp port is that a problem?

Thank you for helping me
Hi @Ezak91, what you are reporting is kind of a documented issue and this comment from Rehabman is from the first page of this post. His recommendation is to boot with only one monitor connected and then once the OS is loaded hot plugging the second monitor.

"Always must boot with only one monitor, hotplug second."

I don't have an NUC7 but I ran dual monitors on both my NUC8i3 and i5 mostly trouble free. I did use display ports inputs on both monitors making the USBC the primarily display and the HDMI as the second in the bios. I eliminated all graphic or device ID information from my config.plist and let OSX and Whatevergreen.kext sort it out. You can try and "Rem" out the Properties PCIRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) and see what that does. You can also visit the Hackintool Forum on this website for more insight into display configurations for more insight. The screen shot shows where to remark out using Xcode.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC7I5BNK
CPU
i5-7260U
Graphics
HD 640
@Leesureone

Thank you for your Answer. But for me it seems that is only for the hdmi sound, not for displaying something?
Hotplug second also doesn't work for me.

I try to edit my config.plist like you said.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
@Leesureone

Thank you for your Answer. But for me it seems that is only for the hdmi sound, not for displaying something?
Hotplug second also doesn't work for me.

I try to edit my config.plist like you said.
That is what it looks like from that one post but it's true for double display too. Dont take my word for it, search the site and the web in general and you'll find lots of examples of people having to hot plug there second monitor with on board graphics. It's a documented issue and a little inconvenient.

Motherboard
Intel NUC7I5BNK
CPU
i5-7260U
Graphics
HD 640
@Leesureone i belive you.
i set now my usb-c in bios at first, hdmi as second.
I comment out the PCI and PCIROOT entrys.

i try boot with usb-c and then hot plug hdmi after starting mojave --> only usb-c
i try boot with hdmi and then hot plug usb-c after starting mojave --> only hdmi

any idea or any other mayby?

Thank you!

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
I'm kind of out of ideas to suggest except to update Lilu.Kext, Whatevergreen.kext and maybe the version of clover you are booting if you haven't done so recently. Can't hurt but it may not make any difference. Hackintool is another possibility for creating specific Device IDs and video output but it is a bit complex.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
I still have the problem and no glue what can i do. @RehabMan do you have an idea?

The last post from Rehabman was March 13th, he seems to have retired. Your issue is with display output and is best addressed in a different forum. I've suggested Frame Buffer Patching which can be done with Hackintool found on this site. More maybe available there unless another user has some guidance for you.

Last edited: