Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I think it was just downgrading the bios that made the difference and allowed your config.plist to work again. I'm running version 66 using this edit shown below in post 249. Glad you are back up and running again!

Will check if I have that patch in my config.
I analyzed what exactly kept me from booting 10.14.4 - It's a combination:
- bios v66 (which worked fine on 10.14.3)
- & clover 4701 Rehabman's Build

After I downgraded Bios to v56 I was able to boot 10.14.4 with latest Clover but not with Clover 4701 RH build.

Best regards.

Will check if I have that patch in my config.
I analyzed what exactly kept me from booting 10.14.4 - It's a combination:
- bios v66 (which worked fine on 10.14.3)
- & clover 4701 Rehabman's Build

After I downgraded Bios to v56 I was able to boot 10.14.4 with latest Clover but not with Clover 4701 RH build.

Best regards.
All good. I've seen posts from other users needing to update clover, forgoing Rehabmans versions, to be able to finish install. You shouldn't really need his specific versions and I think they are a little dated.:beachball:

Hi, I follow the guide for my brand new Intel NUC 8 with CL i5 and Iris Plus 655

All seems work except for an inexplicable hardware reboot few seconds after log in Osx Mojave.
The Nuc restart itself apparently without reason.

Does anyone had this problem before?

Thanks in advance...

Hi, I follow the guide for my brand new Intel NUC 8 with CL i5 and Iris Plus 655

All seems work except for an inexplicable hardware reboot few seconds after log in Osx Mojave.
The Nuc restart itself apparently without reason.

Does anyone had this problem before?

Thanks in advance...

Please update your signature to show your hardware. Then verify you have these drivers in place in your EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder:

USB drivers64UEFI.png

Please update your signature to show your hardware. Then verify you have these drivers in place in your EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder:

USB drivers64UEFI.png

The strange is that is working a day or two than this morning I ran into this trouble...

I'll double check everything, tnx.

The strange is that is working a day or two than this morning I ran into this trouble...

I'll double check everything, tnx.

Check this slightly simplified guide here for post install, keep the config.plist you already have. With a newer version of Whatevergreen.kext you shouldn’t need to mess with a graphics fake ID as recommended in the second guide.

Last edited:
Gotcha, a lot has changed since then with modifications to Whatevergreen.kext. Meanwhile I totally understand the need to stay with High Sierra and really it should work without the screen distortions somehow. There is a lot of work going on in this forum in regards to graphics and you might find help there by posting your question or searching for screen flickering in High Sierra with Iris Plus 655 graphics.

On another note I did find this article on Apple Discussions about a version of iPhoto that is apparently available and will run on Mojave if you ever decide to go that route

Bonjour Leesurone,

First, some feedback : I got some stable and running configuration with High Sierra, as expected, installed on a NUC8I7BEH box (Intel Bean Canyon), the screen is behaving quite fine (no more glitches, ghosts or flickers), and iPhoto is running file as well. So far so good.

But it took me quite a while to understand that Clover boot loader, once again, seems to be culprit : indeed, I got 2 SSDs on my mobo, and each disk was supplied with a High Sierra install with Clover, with on EFI on each SSD, and so on. This to be able to get a rather stable on one SSD while trying to get a improve the install on the other. And, doing like that, in fact, sometime Clover was taking one EFI, sometime the other, and even when specifically selecting the disk name, or the UUID inside of the right config.plist, it was often choosing to boot from the other SSD/EFI, with no way to actually make any bet. And it was difficult (and quite surprising) to figure out that when I was presented the Clover boot panel, the config.plist file was already processed, and every change I made on the development EFI was not taken into account. This is rather gross, IMHO.

The way to get out from this nightmare : for the bad EFI partition, change the name of the root EFI folder into NOEFI or something of the like, and it was out of the way. Now, every change I achieve in my booting EFI is correctly applied.

I am still polishing the install, and I will post the config.plist I got a little bit later.

Questions welcome. Of course, if you have some suggestion about why Clover Bootloader was behaving like that, I am eager to hear the explanation. Did I do some mistake somewhere ?

Many thanks for your guidance anyway. G.G.

Bonjour Leesurone,

First, some feedback : I got some stable and running configuration with High Sierra, as expected, installed on a NUC8I7BEH box (Intel Bean Canyon), the screen is behaving quite fine (no more glitches, ghosts or flickers), and iPhoto is running file as well. So far so good.

But it took me quite a while to understand that Clover boot loader, once again, seems to be culprit : indeed, I got 2 SSDs on my mobo, and each disk was supplied with a High Sierra install with Clover, with on EFI on each SSD, and so on. This to be able to get a rather stable on one SSD while trying to get a improve the install on the other. And, doing like that, in fact, sometime Clover was taking one EFI, sometime the other, and even when specifically selecting the disk name, or the UUID inside of the right config.plist, it was often choosing to boot from the other SSD/EFI, with no way to actually make any bet. And it was difficult (and quite surprising) to figure out that when I was presented the Clover boot panel, the config.plist file was already processed, and every change I made on the development EFI was not taken into account. This is rather gross, IMHO.

The way to get out from this nightmare : for the bad EFI partition, change the name of the root EFI folder into NOEFI or something of the like, and it was out of the way. Now, every change I achieve in my booting EFI is correctly applied.

I am still polishing the install, and I will post the config.plist I got a little bit later.

Questions welcome. Of course, if you have some suggestion about why Clover Bootloader was behaving like that, I am eager to hear the explanation. Did I do some mistake somewhere ?

Many thanks for your guidance anyway. G.G.
Bonjour! Sounds like you are well on the path. I think your statements or questions about the bootloader behavior are probably best addressed in another forum being it isn’t specific to this hardware IMHO. I bet a web search would turn something up.

The problem isn't finding 4-pin PicoBlade cables like the one in your link - I found lots of those on AliExpress, Amazon, eBay, etc. - but the particular adapter I bought/linked to has a 2-pin JST SH connector. So I needed a cable with that 2-pin SH connector on one end for the adapter, with the wires going to only the D+ and D- pins on a 4-pin PicoBlade on the other end for the motherboard USB header.

Hi @RehabMan, the two internal USB headers are on HS05 and HS06 according to ioreg. Can you add these to the SSDT? See below image for motherboard position:
View attachment 389222
Have you solved this problem? I have an exact same setup as yours, hook the adaptor to HS05 with a 2-pin 1.0mm JST cable, but can not get BT working.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I cannot get this guide to work with my NUC7i7BNH and mojave. I am getting stuck at a "row of ++++" after getting to the Clover Boot Installer menu and selecting "install_osx." See pictures for my clover-efi folder and error message. Can someone help me figure out how to fix this?

Hardware with NUC7i7BNH:
1TB 970 EVO Samsung M.2 NVMe SSD
64GB RAM (2x32 Samsung DDR4 2666MHz)

Thank you

Edit: I am also using the config.plist file provided in this guide for the NUC7.

Edit 2: Figured out the issue. See post #840.

Attachments

• CLOVER-EFI.png
    CLOVER-EFI.png
    936.3 KB · Views: 169
  • ERROR-RowofPluses.png
    ERROR-RowofPluses.png
    15.2 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Back