Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi all, I have NUC8i5 and managed to get USB wireless working with:
https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover

After running rehab man scripts to complete NUC8 install, USB wireless stops.
Through a process of elimination I removed a bunch of kexts and now have the following remaining in Library/Extensions:
AppleALC, FacePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio, FakePCIID, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, USBInjectAll, WhateverGreen

Wireless now works, but assuming I may have removed too many kexts and also will run into problems again if I update from the git.

Motherboard
NUC7I7DNHE
CPU
i7-8650U
Graphics
UHD 620
@RehabMan I just wanted to say thank you very much for your work.

I followed your guide for the NUC7I7DNHE (the taller variant of the DNKE). Everything works!!!

I swapped the Intel wifi card with a BCM94352Z (fenvi dw1560) bought from a Chinese reseller and it works like a charm with the kexts that are already included in the repo.

I even got Continuity and Handoff working flawlessly, even the Continuity camera feature!
If someone is interested, the only thing that I had to add was the boot argument: "brcmfx-country=XX" and set it with my country code.

Best of luck to anyone that tries this build and just follow the guide step by step.

Best Regards!

Motherboard
NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Intel Iris 655
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @rehaman Last two weeks, I have been struggling with the reboots while exporting clips from Final Cut Pro X. It seems it's actually related to the RAM, after replacing the Crucial DDR4 16GB * 1 with Kingston HyperX DDR4 2400 * 16, I can freshly install Mojave, export HEVC, H264 from both Compressor and Final Cut Pro X. So you may want to mention in the guide? So others won't fall into the same trap as I did. Thanks!

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5BEK-Clover
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Hi @RehabMan, thanks so much for doing this. First time attempting a hackintosh. Followed all the instructions and repeated whole process to make sure I hadn't missed something. Intel NUC8i5BEK.

I cannot get to a first boot of the target drive. macOS Mojave installs, reboots, installs Recovery, and then when I attempt to boot from target drive it attempts finishing installation and then crashes and reboots into Clover. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Attachments

Motherboard
CustoMac Mini, H67N-USB3
CPU
i5 2500K
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi @crumpx - which m.2 adapter did you purchase that worked with your WiFi / Bluetooth card?

Last edited:
Motherboard
NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7 8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
For me on board bluetooth was showing but not working properly, was not able to connect any bluetooth devices. And GBU521 IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter was also not working

Done below steps now GBU521 IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter is working fine.

1) disable port limit in XHCI kext (credit DalianSky,Ricky), Mount EFI using Clover Configurator open config.plist from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover in text editor like Sublime and add below code in KextsToPatch section

Code:
<dict>
  <key>Comment</key>
  <string>disable port limit in XHCI kext (credit DalianSky,Ricky)</string>
  <key>MatchOS</key>
  <string>10.14.1,10.14.2</string>
  <key>Name</key>
  <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
  <key>Find</key>
  <data>g/sPD4OPBAAA</data>
  <key>Replace</key>
  <data>g/sPkJCQkJCQ</data>
</dict>

2) Disable on board Bluetooth in BIOS (see attached photo for reference)
Devices > Onboard Devices > Bluetooth

Attachments

Motherboard
NUC8i5BEK
CPU
Core i5-8259U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Is there any way to get the built-in SD card reader in my NUC8 to work?

There's an 'unknown card type' "flag" in the top right of my screen (attached screen shot), wondering what it is? It's there every time I start the computer. If I choose 'power off card' I don't notice it having any effect. If it's nothing I'd like to get rid of it permanently.

Attachments

Motherboard
MSI Z97S SLI Krait
CPU
I5 4690K
Graphics
R9 390
Hi, my NUC8i5BEK is pretty loud, even when idling at 40 degrees. If it is turnt off for a while, it stays quit for a couple minutes after boot, but quickly gets loud again (about as loud as my Dell xps 13 at 80% fan speed). Is there any way to fix this, or is this normal? I already set the fan settings in the bios to quiet.

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
Android
RehabMan, I've opened a pull request on your GitHub repo with a fix for USB-C hotplugging on Bean Canyon. https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-NUC-DSDT-Patch/pull/5 . As I don't have any other NUCs, I don't know the RPxx device for the other NUCs, but you can literally just replace RP05 with the right devices.
Many thanks, it allows type-c hotplugging on my NUC8i7BEH (a bit slow but it works) patch applied to current head (Nov 19 commit though I think the base hasn't changed since your branch). Bios 0056, MacOS 10.14.3 beta. Sadly I don't have any thunderbolt devices to test against for regression.

Last edited: