Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7
Graphics
Intel
Try without unneeded USB devices plugged (such as USB WiFi).
I don't have this problem with my monitor, which doesn't have a speaker, but with my TV, which with audio over hdmi.
and my onboard bluetooth works sometimes and not other time, could you help debug this? and does M.2 slot support wifi+bluetooth card with a B+M key adapter? Thank you very much

Edit: with new m.2 adapter and wifi card it works. but bluetooth stop working ....

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5BEK
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
MacBook Pro
NM. Went vanilla and it's working now.

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@RehabMan hello rm, I have a nuc8i5beh. Things works fine, but only one issue is my usb-c function not working at all. Dp, usb-c hub and usb-c flash drive, no response at all, tb3 not tested. And I've also tried windows, not working the same. So is there some special settings in bios or maybe I have a bad hardware?

Motherboard
NUC 8i5BEH
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
UHD 655
Mobile Phone
Android
@RehabMan hello rm, I have a nuc8i5beh. Things works fine, but only one issue is my usb-c function not working at all. Dp, usb-c hub and usb-c flash drive, no response at all, tb3 not tested. And I've also tried windows, not working the same. So is there some special settings in bios or maybe I have a bad hardware?
hi,
usb c is working fine. look at the capture .Sorry it's in french, my external drive ( silverdrive U3C) is working great
at 10 GB/s

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5BEK
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
MacBook Pro
@RehabMan And I've also tried windows, not working the same.
Makes me believe it is a hardware issue or something is not set correctly in BIOS. You might try loading defaults in the BIOS and making the changes in post #1. If it still doesn't work in Windows (after installing all drivers) then you probably have faulty hardware.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-170X-UD3
CPU
I7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
If using NUC8i7BEH or similar, then don't upgrade BIOS to version 56 (leave at version 51). I have had a couple of these and several hours of support with Intel (who did not know this, nor that it was an issue). I wish I had have found this Reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/intelnuc/comments/a3rykv before spending a few hours mucking around. Intel knew about it more than a month ago but haven't taken it down...

You probably still have iMac16,2 data in config.plist/SMBIOS.
Thank you! Worked like a charm! New version of Clover Config was slightly different than the tutorial I was following.
Change to a 2018 mac mini and Geekbench went from
You probably still have iMac16,2 data in config.plist/SMBIOS.
Thanks for the tip!

Got it changed properly and now showing Mac Mini 2018 properly.

Geekbench went from 17,421 to 18,148 (+4%)

Motherboard
NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7
Graphics
Intel
@RehabMan
Hi, I have some problem with my newly installed BCM94360CSAX, WIFI works, but the bluetooth will only work when I check 'FixUSB' in clover config.plist, but it I checked it, my internal sound will not work; uncheck "FixUSB" then bluetooth won't work, and sound works... would you take a look at my setup? Thank you.

edit: after reading some more about usb ports limits by RehabMan, I'm able to enable one of the internal usb header that bluetooth data pins connected, and the bluetooth is working. Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited: