Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Well I got the system to finally boot directly to macOS. But when i changed the NUC8 to Macmini8,1 the system booted fine but showed a 2012 iMac vs 16,2??
You probably still have iMac16,2 data in config.plist/SMBIOS.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
For the NUC8i7BEH, should I format my USB to MBR or GPT?
Your choice.
It will work with either.
MBR is a bit easier to manage as "CLOVER EFI" will mount automatically.

Motherboard
Intel NUC8I3BEH1
CPU
i3-8109U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
I followed Rehabman's guide all the way through, inclusive of disabling (I think?) hibernation mode for my NUC8 i3.

When I sleep my computer for a long period (overnight), or just leave it (and it put displays and hard disks to sleep on its own eventually), I typically come back to this garbled screen that comes in/out. When it goes out, the NUC loses connectivity to the display. I have to turn off the NUC and turn it back on to resolve.

Anyone else experiencing this and potentially solved it?

@RehabMan - can you help with this? Myself and another poster in this long thread have been affected by this garbled screen issue waking from a long (4+ hours) sleep.

Motherboard
NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7
Graphics
Intel
Try without unneeded USB devices plugged (such as USB WiFi).
I don't have this problem with my monitor, which doesn't have a speaker, but with my TV, which with audio over hdmi.
and my onboard bluetooth works sometimes and not other time, could you help debug this? and does M.2 slot support wifi+bluetooth card with a B+M key adapter? Thank you very much

Edit: with new m.2 adapter and wifi card it works. but bluetooth stop working ....

Last edited:
Motherboard
Optiplex 9020 Sff
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro
NM. Went vanilla and it's working now.

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@RehabMan hello rm, I have a nuc8i5beh. Things works fine, but only one issue is my usb-c function not working at all. Dp, usb-c hub and usb-c flash drive, no response at all, tb3 not tested. And I've also tried windows, not working the same. So is there some special settings in bios or maybe I have a bad hardware?

Motherboard
NUC 8i5BEH-0073
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
UHD 655
Mobile Phone
Android
@RehabMan hello rm, I have a nuc8i5beh. Things works fine, but only one issue is my usb-c function not working at all. Dp, usb-c hub and usb-c flash drive, no response at all, tb3 not tested. And I've also tried windows, not working the same. So is there some special settings in bios or maybe I have a bad hardware?
hi,
usb c is working fine. look at the capture .Sorry it's in french, my external drive ( silverdrive U3C) is working great
at 10 GB/s

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Optiplex 9020 Sff
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro
@RehabMan And I've also tried windows, not working the same.
Makes me believe it is a hardware issue or something is not set correctly in BIOS. You might try loading defaults in the BIOS and making the changes in post #1. If it still doesn't work in Windows (after installing all drivers) then you probably have faulty hardware.