Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

For the NUC8i7BEH, should I format my USB to MBR or GPT?

Your choice.
It will work with either.
MBR is a bit easier to manage as "CLOVER EFI" will mount automatically.

I followed Rehabman's guide all the way through, inclusive of disabling (I think?) hibernation mode for my NUC8 i3.

When I sleep my computer for a long period (overnight), or just leave it (and it put displays and hard disks to sleep on its own eventually), I typically come back to this garbled screen that comes in/out. When it goes out, the NUC loses connectivity to the display. I have to turn off the NUC and turn it back on to resolve.

Anyone else experiencing this and potentially solved it?

@RehabMan - can you help with this? Myself and another poster in this long thread have been affected by this garbled screen issue waking from a long (4+ hours) sleep.

Try without unneeded USB devices plugged (such as USB WiFi).
I don't have this problem with my monitor, which doesn't have a speaker, but with my TV, which with audio over hdmi.
and my onboard bluetooth works sometimes and not other time, could you help debug this? and does M.2 slot support wifi+bluetooth card with a B+M key adapter? Thank you very much

Edit: with new m.2 adapter and wifi card it works. but bluetooth stop working ....

Last edited:
NM. Went vanilla and it's working now.

Last edited:
@RehabMan hello rm, I have a nuc8i5beh. Things works fine, but only one issue is my usb-c function not working at all. Dp, usb-c hub and usb-c flash drive, no response at all, tb3 not tested. And I've also tried windows, not working the same. So is there some special settings in bios or maybe I have a bad hardware?

@RehabMan hello rm, I have a nuc8i5beh. Things works fine, but only one issue is my usb-c function not working at all. Dp, usb-c hub and usb-c flash drive, no response at all, tb3 not tested. And I've also tried windows, not working the same. So is there some special settings in bios or maybe I have a bad hardware?
hi,
usb c is working fine. look at the capture .Sorry it's in french, my external drive ( silverdrive U3C) is working great
at 10 GB/s

Attachments

• Capture d'écran 2019-01-06 à 19.56.07 PM.png
    Capture d'écran 2019-01-06 à 19.56.07 PM.png
    27 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
@RehabMan And I've also tried windows, not working the same.

Makes me believe it is a hardware issue or something is not set correctly in BIOS. You might try loading defaults in the BIOS and making the changes in post #1. If it still doesn't work in Windows (after installing all drivers) then you probably have faulty hardware.

If using NUC8i7BEH or similar, then don't upgrade BIOS to version 56 (leave at version 51). I have had a couple of these and several hours of support with Intel (who did not know this, nor that it was an issue). I wish I had have found this ****** post before spending a few hours mucking around. Intel knew about it more than a month ago but haven't taken it down...

@RehabMan - can you help with this? Myself and another poster in this long thread have been affected by this garbled screen issue waking from a long (4+ hours) sleep.
I solve this problem - disable hibernate, stay only sleep

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

Back