Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

This is my first Hackintosh. With all the hoops I've had to jump through it might be my last.

I followed this guide to the end but now my NUC7i5BNH won't boot without the Clover EFI USB drive inserted. I get a black screen that just says "A bootable device has not been detected." I found another thread that mentioned this specific error but following that thread I just get "fdisk440: command not found."

Any ideas? Please explain in as little jargon as possible what I should try.

Perhaps you failed to disable secure boot.
Or you installed Clover incorrectly. Make sure you read the main Clover (laptop) guide carefully.

Well, I successfully installed Mojave on my NUC and tried to boot it from the internal drive, both using the installer stick's Clover partition, and without the installer inserted. The universal result was a BSOD. However, when I booted from the installer's Clover and had it boot in safe mode, it worked perfectly.

So I started working my way through the after install section. I registered and verified an account at Github, then (I think) successfully DLed & installed RehabMan's files from there, then seem to have run into a few problems, mostly indicating it couldn't find the EFI partition. So I tried mounting the EFI partition via the Disk Utility and via a freshly DLed copy of EFI Mounter v3. Nothing worked. I didn't know what else to do, so I copied & pasted what was showing in the terminal window because I couldn't find any log files for it in Mojave. It's in rtf format because Text Edit on Mojave doesn't allow saving in plain text any more.

What do you mean by BSOD (BSOD is a Windows thing)?

Hello, my setup : NUC7 BNH and Mojave 10.14.2
I've followed this guide (which is excellent), Hibernate was disabled using pmset

I've got a little issue, it's related to sleep / power-saving

Sometimes, when waking up, the HDMI monitor isn't turned on properly and there's garbage onscreen.
This happen when the computer was asleep for a long period ( 1h+ ), if woken up right after sleep = no problem.

By googling this look like a common (HDMI hardware?) issue on Intel NUC and unrelated to operating system : Windows & Linux are affected.

The only solution that I've found
* Disable sleep from the Apple menu
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist SystemPowerSettings -dict SleepDisabled -bool YES
* Using an app called 'Amphetamine' that keeps computer running but at least turn the monitor OFF after few minutes

If someone knows a better solution I would be glad to learn it.

You forgot to attach problem reporting files. Read post #1.

Hi, I have a boxnuc8i7beh1, got almost everything working, but when I put it to sleep, it will wake up but itself after a couple of seconds to the login screen. I will attach my debug file, and if anyone need the clove for this particular model, it's in the package too. I used my EFI folder for both installation and use, works fine.

Try without unneeded USB devices plugged (such as USB WiFi).

Hello,

I would like to test the NUC8i5BEH guide I've been working on, and install a "fresh" version of macOS Mojave.
But I can't access the recovery partition to erase macOS from my SSD.

Thanks for help!

Press F3 in Clover (read Clover documentation for further details).

After installing VoodooHDA 2.9.0, the audio part is working. Fixing the Bluetooth. Now I can't turn off the built in bluetooth and it is not working. I have external BT dongle. Anyone can help me to fix it? Thanks.

This guide does not use VoodooHDA.kext.

Well I got the system to finally boot directly to macOS. But when i changed the NUC8 to Macmini8,1 the system booted fine but showed a 2012 iMac vs 16,2??

You probably still have iMac16,2 data in config.plist/SMBIOS.

Back