Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi all,

@RehabMan
I have an Intel NUC NUC8i5BEH with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655.
I'm using AptioMemoryFix-64.efi + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
I followed this guide BUT a couple of things unluckily don't work and create a bit of a discomfort.

- 1st Native audio works right after boot BUT after sleep or a sleep attempt (see next point) audio gets corrupted and quality hugely drops and it becomes unusable. So after sleep or sleep attempt audio is unusable.
- VoodooHDA works after sleep but I'd rather use Apple native Audio.

- Sleep works if I don't have USB discs or thumb drive connected. If I've got a USB disc or thumb drive sleep doesn't work. The sleep attempt leads to a bounce that continues up to a kernel panic and reboot. System tries to sleep and bounce, then tries again and bounces. What's interesting here is the USB disc gets ejected but still sleep doesn't work. BUT IF I REMOVE such USB disc or thumb drive THEN Sleep works nicely. If to be connected is a USB WiFi adapter, then sleep works nicely too.

- Ethernet stops working right after log in. What's weird here is that if there's any USB device connected to the NUC, including a WiFi adapter than ethernet continues working. I mean ethernet continues working not the stream of data through WiFi (which is at place n 2 in System Preferences / Network)

Before I drop all the files is there anything I can try?
I have Wake on LAN disabled both in Bios and MacOS (even though it makes no difference).

No problem reporting files attached. Read post #1.

I have the EXACT symptom/problem... I have the NUC8i5BEB and BIOS 56. looking forward to the replies.

You failed to attach any problem reporting files. Read post #1.

Sorry, how do you run the HDMI audio part separately from others. I found _hda_subs.sh but I do not understand where is it run from and how is it included?
Just dragging it into Terminal does nothing. Or does too quickly to notice anything.

Follow instructions in post #1 instead of trying random things.

Guys, I am stuck. I have successfully installed macOS Mojave on my NUC8i7BEH. Everything is working fine except the Ethernet. When I plug my Ethernet cable in, about 15 seconds later, macOS crashes and reboots into clover. When I unplug it, It works fine with no issues. I am using IntelMausiEthernet (suggested by the guide). Does anyone know what is happening? Thanks.

You failed to attach any problem reporting files. Read post #1.

Okay, I need to ask for help...

I am a complete noob to mackintosh. That said, I do my best to read and follow directions. Thanks for this great guide!

I have 8 GB in a single stick, HDMI connected to a Dell 3218HN, at 1920 x 1080.
Successfully built boot USB with Clover using Rehabman's guide. After getting through the thread and finding detail about setting ig-platform-id to 0x12345678, I made it through to the post-install phase, with internet working. Again followed guide and downloaded into ~/Projects/nuc.git, and proceeded to make; make install_nuc8bc. I didn't modify the config_nuc8_bc.plist, other than to rename it once I had copied it to the mounted /EFI/EFI/CLOVER (as config.plist, of course).

However, upon reboot, and Clover loads, I get Apple logo and what appears to be about half the progress bar, and bam, reboot, endless cycle. In an attempt to get booted, I tried the flash drive again, and modified the ig-platform-id again in CLOVER boot menu options, and then selected macOS from SSD. This worked, but of course is not ideal goal. So I copied the config_install_nuc8_bc.plist to the (again mounted) /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. I removed the flash drive. Now, I can boot all the way to the desktop, if I modify the ig-platform-id every time before proceeding through CLOVER.

I've run the gen_debug (after pressing F2 and F4 at CLOVER) after restoring the proper config_nuc8_bc.plist FIRST, so that the environment would be the way it is when it crashes. I also put the boot into verbose from CLOVER and then took a picture of the screen upon crash. I am attaching both the gen_debug ZIP and the picture, in the hopes that you can point me to the correct solution.

I feel like I'm closer; just need it to boot without help, using NUC8 iGPU, and then I can move on to getting analog audio working out the front audio jack. My Dell doesn't have speakers, so I won't be using HDMI audio just yet. (Totally budget build, I got the Dell at Costco as a display unit (no box) for $100).
Here's the screenshot"
View attachment 375196

I did see that the gen_debug had a problem with the IOREG ...
Dumping IOREG.
IOREG dump failed. Retrying by increasing delays...
Increased delay by x2 times. Retrying...
Increased delay by x3 times. Retrying...
IOREG dump has failed 3 times. Dumping generic IOREG report instead.

Let me know if I need to do something different or if the generic report is sufficient.

Thanks again.

It is likely you do not have BIOS settings correct. Read post #1 carefully.

I am new to Hackintosh world, and I would like thank you all especially Rehabman for his time and effort to help others. I'm using a NUC8I5BEK, 8GB DDR4, 500GB 970 NVMe. I have installed Mojave and restarted for the first time and complete its installation then the NUC restarted for the 3rd time and freezes on Apple logo after the bar is completed. I went through the thread and couldn't pass this step.
  • I am sure about BIOS settings, and legacy boot is enabled
  • ig-platform-id is 0x12345678
  • added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to drivers64UEFI
I uploaded my clover folder, can anyone check it if there is anything wrong with it.

The guide does not mention using OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi.
Why do you have it in drivers64UEFI?
Your config.plist is corrupt.
I did not check anything else.

I'm having the same 2 minute freeze. Where can I get EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and where do I put it on the USB install stick?

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is available in the Clover installer.

Hey!

So I followed the guide and apparently everything went well but I have a weird problem at the end.

There's flickering in my screen whenever there's movement, with flickering I mean white horizontal lines that appear and disappear.

The weird thing is that this were not present when I booted from the usb, so I assume it's a problem with the config.plist? or maybe related to graphics? I'm not sure since I'm completely new to hackintosh so I'd appreciate someone's help.

I attached the fail report files

I am running a NUC8i5BEK1 with 16GB of corsair ddr4 ram and a wd black nvme ssd.

The files here are for Mojave. You installed something that is not Mojave.

A question for Rehabman.

You wrote:

Some notes on the NUC8i7BEH
- use the nuc8 variant plists (config_install_nuc8_bc.plist, config_nuc8_bc.plist)

Could you tell me the difference between config_install_nuc8_bc.plist and config_nuc8_bc.plist (i.e.when to use either one or the other config.plist)?

Thanks in advance.

You can find the differences with diff.
The install variant is for (unsurprisingly) is for prior to post-install process (USB installer).

From the guide:
In Terminal:
Code:
mkdir ~/Projects
cd ~/Projects
git clone https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-NUC-DSDT-Patch nuc.git

Note: All commands for Terminal that follow will assume you have set the current working directory to ~/Projects/nuc.git (unless otherwise stated).

I did this and was asked for a username & password, Do we need a specific name/pw combo, or do we just go to github and register and that will work? Also, you might want to update the guide to include that.

There is no need for a github account to use 'git clone'.

Back