Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
NUC7i5BNK
CPU
7260U
Graphics
Iris Plus Graphics 640
I'm current on OC 0.7.6 with Monterey 12.1. I need some help getting HDMI audio working out of my NUC7i5BNK. I suspect the AAPL,ig-platform-id is all wrong as well as FrameBuffer settings. I haven't found the correct settings for this NUC so I'm unsure what values to set. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 8.54.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 8.54.00 PM.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 34

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690 Rog Strix G Gaming
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm current on OC 0.7.6 with Monterey 12.1. I need some help getting HDMI audio working out of my NUC7i5BNK. I suspect the AAPL,ig-platform-id is all wrong as well as FrameBuffer settings. I haven't found the correct settings for this NUC so I'm unsure what values to set. Can anyone help?
And you are running the latest version of AppleALC.kext?

Motherboard
NUC7i5BNK
CPU
7260U
Graphics
Iris Plus Graphics 640
BTW, the EFI folder I'm running was not from this forum. I got it from elsewhere. Is there a recommended one from this thread for this particular NUC (NUC7i5BNK)?

Leesureone

Motherboard
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
BTW, the EFI folder I'm running was not from this forum. I got it from elsewhere. Is there a recommended one from this thread for this particular NUC (NUC7i5BNK)?
Not anymore as far as I know, I had an NUC7 a couple of years ago but decided to let it go. At the time we were able to use the FakePCIID kexts and get HDMI sound working. With Monterey that's no longer an option being they cause kernel panic but updates in AppleALC.kext makes it work on the NUC 8.

Have you dabbled with VoodoHDA.kext? Whenever I get stuck on audio configuration and can't get the results I want (and am tired of banging my head against the wall) then I give it a try. You can't just add it to the config.plist and drop it in the kext folder in OC, it needs to be installed to

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris 655
@Leesureone any plans for 0.77 readymade folder? Thanks.

PS: thought about getting a newer Nuc model.
Nuc10 seems to work, but it's current pricing is almost buying a M1 Mini.
Nuc11 though did not find anything related due to iGpu :(

Leesureone

Motherboard
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Sure, soon but not until I get a little farther on a Z690 build I'm working on. Hopefully I'll upload by end of day Monday, fyi there are no major changes that effect this platform in the update.

NUC10 vs MacMini M1 is no contest, the M1 is a clear winner for several reasons one being the NUC10 graphics are not supported. You can spoof the CPU model and get it to run nicely but the NUC8 graphic benchmarks are double the NUC10s.

Motherboard
NUC7i5BNK
CPU
7260U
Graphics
Iris Plus Graphics 640
Not anymore as far as I know, I had an NUC7 a couple of years ago but decided to let it go. At the time we were able to use the FakePCIID kexts and get HDMI sound working. With Monterey that's no longer an option being they cause kernel panic but updates in AppleALC.kext makes it work on the NUC 8.

Have you dabbled with VoodoHDA.kext? Whenever I get stuck on audio configuration and can't get the results I want (and am tired of banging my head against the wall) then I give it a try. You can't just add it to the config.plist and drop it in the kext folder in OC, it needs to be installed to

Finally got everything working on the NUC7i5BNK. Started with a new EFI folder based on this base EFI below and then added and configured all other required kexts and configurations.

Leesureone

Motherboard
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Hey @nane30, here is a test version of Opencore 7.7. Get it onto a USB drive and boot from it and let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

• NUC8i7OC7.7EFI .zip
    26.9 MB · Views: 44
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris 655
Hey @nane30, here is a test version of Opencore 7.7. Get it onto a USB drive and boot from it and let me know if it works for you.
Thanks!

Tested, works fine so far. Just updated the IntelBluetooth Kext to 2.1.0