Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I found no option to Install Monterey on boot menu. Do we need Apple folder on EFI folder? I found no Apple folder in 7.5 version

If I installed using 7.4 OC version, later I copy-ed the EFI 7.5 version after finishing the installation on my primary boot EFI folder, is that okay?
Apple folder not needed and yes changing to 7.5 later should work fine

If you were trying to update to Monterey you need OpenCore version 7.4 or higher

So there must have been something in the 7.5 folder that my system didn't like. After a couple of days of beating my head against this I decided to try dropping back a bit and I replaced the 7.5 files on my EFI mount point with everything in the 7.4. Low and behold, everything booted up as expected and I am now going through the install of Monterey on my NUC8i7BEH. :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

So there must have been something in the 7.5 folder that my system didn't like. After a couple of days of beating my head against this I decided to try dropping back a bit and I replaced the 7.5 files on my EFI mount point with everything in the 7.4. Low and behold, everything booted up as expected and I am now going through the install of Monterey on my NUC8i7BEH. :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
same case with me

Hello everybody, newby (but no so) here.

I arrived here thanks to a @Leesureone link, because I have a NUC8i3BEH that I can't boot (OpenCore). This is not my first attempt, recently I 'hackintosed' a HP laptop (but it has a nvidia dedicated graphic card and I can't use HDMI).

I explain my problem in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nuc8i3beh-boot-problem.317100/

Well, I tried the easy way by downloading 'NUC8I7OC7' EFI, but it doesn't work for me, I get:

Code:
OC Grabbed zero system-id for S8, this is not allowed
Halting on critical error

Hope somebody can help me.

Hi @Leesureone any suggestion for Windows drive unable to boot (separate SSD) post Monterey upgrade?
Well, some questions for you. How are you trying to boot Windows? Are you trying to load it from the OpenCore boot menu, if you are does Windows not show as an option or does it show and not boot? Or are you hitting the F10 at boot and choosing the Windows Boot Manager and its not booting?

Hello everybody, newby (but no so) here.

I arrived here thanks to a @Leesureone link, because I have a NUC8i3BEH that I can't boot (OpenCore). This is not my first attempt, recently I 'hackintosed' a HP laptop (but it has a nvidia dedicated graphic card and I can't use HDMI).

I explain my problem in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nuc8i3beh-boot-problem.317100/

Well, I tried the easy way by downloading 'NUC8I7OC7' EFI, but it doesn't work for me, I get:

Code:
OC Grabbed zero system-id for S8, this is not allowed
Halting on critical error

Hope somebody can help me.
You should be able to get to the installer by editing the config.plist and changing this setting.
Go to Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel and make sure is set to Disabled instead of Default

You should be able to get to the installer by editing the config.plist and changing this setting.
Go to Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel and make sure is set to Disabled instead of Default
Works, thank you !

Only a few short questions, please:

1) The processor of my NUC has 2 cores plus 2 threads instead of the 4 cores... it would be a problem?

2) Because I'm curious, I tried to find out what my problem was, and I tried replacing my 'ACPI' and 'Kext' files (one by one and all of them at time too) with yours, and then made a 'OC Clean' in Propertree... but It didn't work, any idea of a possible cause ?

3) Did you use Desktop or Mobile SSDTs ?

4) Which files did you edited yourself ?

Thank you so much again !

Works, thank you !

Only a few short questions, please:

1) The processor of my NUC has 2 cores plus 2 threads instead of the 4 cores... it would be a problem?
Not at all, i3, i5 and i7 all use the same configuration although occasionally USB ports may need to be remapped
2) Because I'm curious, I tried to find out what my problem was, and I tried replacing my 'ACPI' and 'Kext' files (one by one and all of them at time too) with yours, and then made a 'OC Clean' in Propertree... but It didn't work, any idea of a possible cause ?
Yes, if you do not include the ACPI "Patches" included in my EFI it will not boot

3) Did you use Desktop or Mobile SSDTs ?
Desktop
4) Which files did you edited yourself ?
I'm not sure I edited any specific file but it took awhile to get my NUC to the point its at now, trial and error. Rehabman started the thread and then retired, I tried to pick up support for these once he was gone.
Thank you so much again !

Back