Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-Gaming 9
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi, I used your efi folder everything is ok except boot time : 1 minute 10 s.
Do you experienced the same?
Oh, I didn't expected anyone to use my EFI.
I also noticed an extended boot time after the Monterey update and thought that something had gone wrong. Trim always took 30 seconds. After deleting an unused space at the end of the drive and a fresh install, the boot time is about the same like Windows. In my case 22 seconds from the OC menu. It's an 970 EVO NVME. I read about slow boot times on Samsung drives, but also on a Zenbook from my neighbor with a Samsung OEM drive, normal boot speed. Maybe after some time it will get worse, we'll see.

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Classic Mac
  1. Portable
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Oh, I didn't expected anyone to use my EFI.
I also noticed an extended boot time after the Monterey update and thought that something had gone wrong. Trim always took 30 seconds. After deleting an unused space at the end of the drive and a fresh install, the boot time is about the same like Windows. In my case 22 seconds from the OC menu. It's an 970 EVO NVME. I read about slow boot times on Samsung drives, but also on a Zenbook from my neighbor with a Samsung OEM drive, normal boot speed. Maybe after some time it will get worse, we'll see.
Hi,
I used your efi folder everything is ok.

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris 655
@Leesureone thanks for your continued support and love for the Nuc8. Priceless

As always I just dl it, enter the 3 UUID/Serials and are up to date, no matter if 10.14, 10.15 or now with 10.16 and all updates including the Intel Bioses.

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5BEH-87
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Hi,

Thank you very very much @Leesureone for you help and support!
I just want to clarify - If I'm using "NUC8i7OC7.5 w/BTEFI" - itlwm is not working and I cannot use WIFI?

Thank you!

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7 8565U
Graphics
Iris Pro 655
OK, forgive my ignorance, I am trying to wrap my head around this. I have a NUC that I set up ages ago but I need to rebuild it and I can see from posts from @Leesureone that I should use the OC 7.5 files he posted to page 89 of this thread (already downloaded). What is not clear to me is whether I just step through the original setup guide on page 1, substituting OC for Clover, or if there is a more up to date starting point. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Thank you very very much @Leesureone for you help and support!
I just want to clarify - If I'm using "NUC8i7OC7.5 w/BTEFI" - itlwm is not working and I cannot use WIFI?

Thank you!
I’m on my phone but if I remember correctly I added the airport kext instead and with it Wi-Fi works fine, either will work though.

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK, forgive my ignorance, I am trying to wrap my head around this. I have a NUC that I set up ages ago but I need to rebuild it and I can see from posts from @Leesureone that I should use the OC 7.5 files he posted to page 89 of this thread (already downloaded). What is not clear to me is whether I just step through the original setup guide on page 1, substituting OC for Clover, or if there is a more up to date starting point. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I use an existing Mac to download the install package and then in terminal use the “create media” command to create a bootable flash drive. Once that’s done I mount the EFI partition on the flash drive and copy my EFI folder over to it. If none of that makes sense to you Dortania suggests this:

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7 8565U
Graphics
Iris Pro 655
I use an existing Mac to download the install package and then in terminal use the “create media” command to create a bootable flash drive. Once that’s done I mount the EFI partition on the flash drive and copy my EFI folder over to it. If none of that makes sense to you Dortania suggests this:
@Leesureone you are a gentleman and a scholar!!!! Thank you!!!

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5BEH-87
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. Mac mini
I’m on my phone but if I remember correctly I added the airport kext instead and with it Wi-Fi works fine, either will work though.

You are right, I tried to use HeliPort, but now I see we don't need it anymore.
Thank you!