Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

update OC 7.5 working ok.
no more lockups ( I saw you got rid of FakePCIID.kext ).
slow boot 1 mn 13 s was faster before Monterey.
Wifi and bluetooth hardware are broken in my NUC can not test them.
What model drive is MacOS installed on? Also what are you using for Wifi/Bluetooth? I eliminated the kexts supporting an aftermarket Broadcom card in favor of using the onboard intel chip.

What model drive is MacOS installed on? Also what are you using for Wifi/Bluetooth? I eliminated the kexts supporting an aftermarket Broadcom card in favor of using the onboard intel chip.
I have an apple wifi / BT card working well with OC7.4 should I add a kext in OC7.5 to keep it working ?
Thanks

Hi, my hard disk is a Samsung 960 evo M2 NVME.
For those interested with the slow boot problem since Monterey should look a this :

Hi, my hard disk is a Samsung 960 evo M2 NVME.
For those interested with the slow boot problem since Monterey should look a this :
after viewing this page
How did you edit the EFI directory?

Hi, I used your efi folder everything is ok except boot time : 1 minute 10 s.
Do you experienced the same?
Oh, I didn't expected anyone to use my EFI.
I also noticed an extended boot time after the Monterey update and thought that something had gone wrong. Trim always took 30 seconds. After deleting an unused space at the end of the drive and a fresh install, the boot time is about the same like Windows. In my case 22 seconds from the OC menu. It's an 970 EVO NVME. I read about slow boot times on Samsung drives, but also on a Zenbook from my neighbor with a Samsung OEM drive, normal boot speed. Maybe after some time it will get worse, we'll see.

Oh, I didn't expected anyone to use my EFI.
I also noticed an extended boot time after the Monterey update and thought that something had gone wrong. Trim always took 30 seconds. After deleting an unused space at the end of the drive and a fresh install, the boot time is about the same like Windows. In my case 22 seconds from the OC menu. It's an 970 EVO NVME. I read about slow boot times on Samsung drives, but also on a Zenbook from my neighbor with a Samsung OEM drive, normal boot speed. Maybe after some time it will get worse, we'll see.
Hi,
I used your efi folder everything is ok.

@Leesureone thanks for your continued support and love for the Nuc8. Priceless

As always I just dl it, enter the 3 UUID/Serials and are up to date, no matter if 10.14, 10.15 or now with 10.16 and all updates including the Intel Bioses.

Hi,

Thank you very very much @Leesureone for you help and support!
I just want to clarify - If I'm using "NUC8i7OC7.5 w/BTEFI" - itlwm is not working and I cannot use WIFI?

Thank you!

Back