Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
Core i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
@kaemale the kext works but not very well. Caveats I found:

- If you boot with an SD card inserted macOS will kernel panic
- Read/write speeds are pretty slow (writes for me were around 10MB/sec or less). For my use case performance wasn't good enough

I don't bother with this kext and use Windows to write to SD cards instead. USB based card readers are another good option.

Motherboard
INTEL NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hi @spottsy so were you able to get macOS Big Sur working on your Intel NUC Bean Canyon? I have the same Intel NUC and I am looking at turning that into a Hackintosh too.

I tried going through the last 2-3 pages of this thread but I can't find anywhere where you specified what you used for a fresh install.

Could you please point me in the right direction if I wanted to get a fresh install of macOS Big Sur?
I don't need to dual boot with Windows but if that's necessary, I can do that too.

Thank you.

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix X570 Gaming i
CPU
Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi @spottsy so were you able to get macOS Big Sur working on your Intel NUC Bean Canyon? I have the same Intel NUC and I am looking at turning that into a Hackintosh too.

I tried going through the last 2-3 pages of this thread but I can't find anywhere where you specified what you used for a fresh install.

Could you please point me in the right direction if I wanted to get a fresh install of macOS Big Sur?
I don't need to dual boot with Windows but if that's necessary, I can do that too.

Thank you.
See page 90 of this thread for more information as well as here #4,094

Motherboard
GTH5N
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
Hello is there a bootpack for NUC7i5Bxx ? Thx !

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix X570 Gaming i
CPU
Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello is there a bootpack for NUC7i5Bxx ? Thx !
Hello, I got rid of my NUC7 awhile ago but I have this older version of OpenCore 5.9 that will boot Catalina, its untested on Big Sur and more than likely will not work because of changes to the OS. You would need to update the boot loader, config.plist and kexts for that, you can follow this guide for Kaby Lake if interested using my upload as a template (Baby Canyon 7th Generation Processor). Make sure you copy over any kernel or ACPI patches in the config.plist.

Attachments

• NUC7EFIOC5.9.zip
    66.8 MB · Views: 14
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello is there a bootpack for NUC7i5Bxx ? Thx

You can use my EFI as starting point but you will need to change the iGPU famebuffer from 620 to 640
Also you might need to remap the USB ports.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z270X-Gaming 9
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Oh, there is also an NUC8 topic. @Leesureone, Windows is the right answer. I think you own the NUC8, you all use some fake kext for audio, would you test the kext from the attachment without them? Layout 8 is new. Or anyone else, thanks.

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 5