Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't think it makes a difference if you reverse the connectors on the antenna. If you didn't get the wiring right on the USB cable thats no good and has messed up some other users in this thread.
When you turn off the internal intel card in the bios that's why you can't see the bluetooth icon anymore. To work your wireless card adapter needs a functioning, properly mapped USB port which you do not currently have ( if you are using my EFI folder). Keep the internal card off, make sure the cable is fabricated correctly and then follow the thread I sent to find and map the internal USB header. Then it should work.
Clover Configurator for OpenCore? If that's all you know and only use that function in it, guess it should work but that's scary.
If you have remnants if Clover on your system, either in the EFI folder or within the OS itself, they need to be removed.
Search for Dortania Migrating from Clover for more specific information on how to do that. Tbe old can conflict with the new bootloader otherwise.

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I don't think it makes a difference if you reverse the connectors on the antenna. If you didn't get the wiring right on the USB cable thats no good and has messed up some other users in this thread.
When you turn off the internal intel card in the bios that's why you can't see the bluetooth icon anymore. To work your wireless card adapter needs a functioning, properly mapped USB port which you do not currently have ( if you are using my EFI folder). Keep the internal card off, make sure the cable is fabricated correctly and then follow the thread I sent to find and map the internal USB header. Then it should work.
Clover Configurator for OpenCore? If that's all you know and only use that function in it, guess it should work but that's scary.
If you have remnants if Clover on your system, either in the EFI folder or within the OS itself, they need to be removed.
Search for Dortania Migrating from Clover for more specific information on how to do that. Tbe old can conflict with the new bootloader otherwise.
I tried to boot my Clover CAT install with a usb drive with OC6.6 as the EFI and it did not work. I take it that I need to do a complete new thumb drive with CAT and OC6.6 on it then build a drive with that. Changing the EFI folder seems to mess up my boot drive. I had a hard time getting it to boot after my attempt to test the OC6.6 Boot off of the boot usb drive. Has anyone succeeded at doing the USB ports for the NUC8i7BEH yet? I see there are lots of people looking for a USB fix that works. Mine didn't, so I am still trying to get the NUC working correctly.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried to boot my Clover CAT install with a usb drive with OC6.6 as the EFI and it did not work. I take it that I need to do a complete new thumb drive with CAT and OC6.6 on it then build a drive with that. Has anyone succeeded at doing the USB ports for the NUC8i7BEH yet? I see there are lots of people looking for a USB fix that works. Mine didn't, so I am still trying to get the NUC working correctly.
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried to boot my Clover CAT install with a usb drive with OC6.6 as the EFI and it did not work. I take it that I need to do a complete new thumb drive with CAT and OC6.6 on it then build a drive with that. Has anyone succeeded at doing the USB ports for the NUC8i7BEH yet? I see there are lots of people looking for a USB fix that works. Mine didn't, so I am still trying to get the NUC working correctly.
I have, I believe most of us with the i7 have. EFI folders on page 90 of this thread but if your drive isn't set up properly or if there are remnants of clover on your system then you will have problems.

Last edited:
Motherboard
NUC8
CPU
i5
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
So I have my Nuc8i5 up and running, serial number done and logged into the app store, but I can't download from the app store? I also have trouble with my audio, as far as page 90 said it won't work on Catalina, any update on that?

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have my Nuc8i5 up and running, serial number done and logged into the app store, but I can't download from the app store? I also have trouble with my audio, as far as page 90 said it won't work on Catalina, any update on that?
Do you have an Apple account and are you signed into it properly? If not then that is the issue. Here is a link that will help trouble shoot iservices:

Here's a link that discusses audio and how to trouble shoot it.

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have my Nuc8i5 up and running, serial number done and logged into the app store, but I can't download from the app store? I also have trouble with my audio, as far as

90 said it won't work on Catalina, any update on that?
You can also try Hackintool to change the audio device properties.

Motherboard
NUC8i5
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus Graphics 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Updated to 11.2.1 straight from the AppStore, no changes needed and works flawlessly. Thanks Leesureone for the EFI folder :D

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have, I believe most of us with the i7 have. EFI folders on page 90 of this thread but if your drive isn't set up properly or if there are remnants of clover on your system then you will have problems.
I have looked over the linked Dortania and it looks like a lot of details which may make it a troublesome way to go. I can do a new build...
1.---- Is it easier to build a new SSD with a clean install of O.C. 6.6 on it and then port docs (Migrate) etc over to the new OC drive?
2.------ If so which is the best Install Instructions to use?
3.------ I am working on the USB ports using Hackintool and hope to do it right this time. I suspect the USBports file will work with the new OC install.?