Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Has anyone updated to big sur 11.1 so far on his Nuc8i7. Have you done any modifications to your efi?
Yes, we have. Page 90 of this thread OC6.4 Big Sur Ready EFI folder available

Yes, we have. Page 90 of this thread OC6.4 Big Sur Ready EFI folder available
Hi @Leesureone, Are airplay and screen mirroring working well with your NUC8 ? I lost this functionality as soon as I switched to OC and BigSur (on OC+Catalina were working perfectly well)
Thanks

Hi @Leesureone, Are airplay and screen mirroring working well with your NUC8 ? I lost this functionality as soon as I switched to OC and BigSur (on OC+Catalina were working perfectly well)
Thanks
Using wireless?

Last edited:
Please explain more what devices you were using then and how. I have never used either and Apple talks mostly about wireless with AirPlay. See this thread relating to AirPlay, seems like its reliant on having an Apple native card. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/airplay-not-working-catalina-hackintosh.291523/
Thanks @Leesureone , I have 2 identical Nuc8 both running OC 6.4 and both connected using ethernet wire cable to the same network, one is running the latest version of Catalina, it sends video to my AppleTV, smart TVs, and sound to my soundBar and speakers perfectly well, also on the sound menu on top bar, all my airplays devices (apple TVs, smart TVs, Sound Bars, and speakers), appears well. On the other NUC8 I have Big Sur and I can not send my screen to my apple TV and I can not send sound to all the Airplays devices that my other NUC on the same network sees, I think Big Sur, broke something, I also have a real iMac running the same version of Big Sur and it sees everything well.

Thanks @Leesureone , I have 2 identical Nuc8 both running OC 6.4 and both connected using ethernet wire cable to the same network, one is running the latest version of Catalina, it sends video to my AppleTV, smart TVs, and sound to my soundBar and speakers perfectly well, also on the sound menu on top bar, all my airplays devices (apple TVs, smart TVs, Sound Bars, and speakers), appears well. On the other NUC8 I have Big Sur and I can not send my screen to my apple TV and I can not send sound to all the Airplays devices that my other NUC on the same network sees, I think Big Sur, broke something, I also have a real iMac running the same version of Big Sur and it sees everything well.
Hmmm, I don’t have an Apple TV or an Air Play enabled TV (I don’t think, I have a Samsung TV and it not showing in the Airplay Menu) so I can’t check this out. If Big Sur works via your iMac then it’s not the OS.
Edit: there are reports of Big Sur breaking Airplay but there are also fixes some users have found that restored the connection. Do a quick web search for Air Play and Big Sur.

Attachments

• 26655843-C055-4D1D-BC0B-63142B85EC13.png
    26655843-C055-4D1D-BC0B-63142B85EC13.png
    675 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Updated to OC 0.65 via "EFI NUC8i7 OC6.5 Big Sur Ready", again works like a charm

Did someone has updated his BIOS to 87 using OC6.4\6.5?

Back