Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Guys I have problem with my intel nuc. I had accident my computer been frost and after frozen doesn't start. After analizing I'm did find out that my memory slot not working . Exist any way how to fix or is dead ? When I put my memory into slot only blink my power button.
Your computer got so cold it froze?

Hello. I would like to know if you can help me. I have an intel Nuc8i5. I have upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur successfully. But it has left me without the serial number. How can I solve it? Can you put the same serial number that you had on Catalina?
Thanks a lot

Hello. I would like to know if you can help me. I have an intel Nuc8i5. I have upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur successfully. But it has left me without the serial number. How can I solve it? Can you put the same serial number that you had on Catalina?
Thanks a lot
Yes, you can use the same information as long as the system definition stays the same.

Last edited:
Yes, you can use the same information as long as the system definition stays the same.
Thanks for answering. The question is: how do I do it? What program should I use? Thanks again

Thanks for answering. The question is: how do I do it? What program should I use? Thanks again
To use the same information you will need a .plist editor. ProperTree is free, search for it.

Hi everyone, currently I have a NUC8i5BEH with bios version 73 running Catalina 10.15.3. I am thinking to upgrade to Big Sur and I wondered if bios update to version 85 (latest version) is needed. Worth mentioning I have faced occasional freezes in my current setup. The macOS is not responding and I should restart my system. Would bios update possibly solve my issue and which bios version do you recommend?

Hi everyone, currently I have a NUC8i5BEH with bios version 73 running Catalina 10.15.3. I am thinking to upgrade to Big Sur and I wondered if bios update to version 85 (latest version) is needed. Worth mentioning I have faced occasional freezes in my current setup. The macOS is not responding and I should restart my system. Would bios update possibly solve my issue and which bios version do you recommend?
A bios update is not going to solve your issue and not needed for Big Sur. You likely have a configuration error in whatever bootloader you are using causing the freeze.

Last edited:
A bios update is not going to solve your issue and not needed for Big Sur. You likely have a configuration error in whatever bootloader you are using causing the freeze.
thanks for the answer. I was using clover 5119 as my bootloader. Now I have switched to your opencore EFI that you have provided in page 90 and successfully installed Big Sur. Hopefully no more freezes. @Leesureone which version of bios do you have on your NUC8?

Back