Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you leesureone. I have been following your posts in this thread and they have been very helpul. I will follow your advice and try to reach out to the builder of my EFI. But in case you have the time, I am now attaching the EFI here.
I can't test anything because I don't have that model anymore but I ran the config.plist through Slowgeek's Sanity checker and compared it to a 5.7 version I still have. Maybe this will boot.

Attachments

• EFI-2.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 39

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone updated to OC0.6.3?
I have it going on my Z490 but I haven't done anything with my NUC8 yet, it will work, there are no major changes in it that affect how this platform performs. The 6.2 version I posted should boot Big Sur with changes in the config.plist under Misc/ Security/SecureBootModel from "Default" to "Disabled"

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, i have been failing to boot opencore 6.2 for installation of Catalina to my NUC7i7BNHXG, 8 gb ram, on multiboot (windows and hfs + partition)

Below is the kernel panic. I used the preconfigured EFI of shuai620 from github.

Any assintance or leads would be greatly appreciated.

A
To get BigSur running on my KabyLake R NUC7i7 it required OpenCore 0.6.3 and the addition AppleAHCIPort.kext since SATA support is broken due to Apple dropping the AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI class. Disabling SecureBoot worked during install but afterwards I got into a bootloop. I struggled a bit at first but now it is running very stable. My EFI is maintained here: https://github.com/extric99/Hackintosh-NUC7I7DNKE

Motherboard
NUC8i5
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus Graphics 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Small question - what are you guys using as a fan profile in the UEFI/BIOS? My temps with iStat are quite low, so was thinking of lowering the fans RPM

Thanks!

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i
CPU
i7
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I am very interested in trying the "Enable ON/OFF Bluetooth and Enable WiFi Beta Support". I managed to set up a NUC8i3BEK2 with Catalina and OP 0.6.2, thanks to Leesureone's guides yesterday. With some fiddling it works very good now apart from Blt onoff and onboard wifi. Only thing am not so sure of is the best way to add your strings Code=Bash to get the kexts to work. I did try with ProperTree but did not quite understand exactly where I should enter your Codes. Can you give some info about that? This is my first Hack with OpenCore aswell, so quite many thinks to look for....
With ProperTree, for BLuetooth you have to create a Children in Kernel> Add> after loading the Bluetooth Firmware,
with the parameters that are in the post, and to increase the WiFi one Children to the last.
Perhaps something easier to work with plists is "PlistEdit Pro" but it is a paid tool.
Although with a plain text editor it does the same job.
The current version of OC is 0.6.3, something easier may be to download this version NUC8OC6.3EFI_JV.zip it already includes everything mentioned.

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris 655
I have it going on my Z490 but I haven't done anything with my NUC8 yet, it will work, there are no major changes in it that affect how this platform performs. The 6.2 version I posted should boot Big Sur with changes in the config.plist under Misc/ Security/SecureBootModel from "Default" to "Disabled"
Works fine, download from you the "EFINUC8i7OC6.3 Big Sur Ready", adjusted the id/serials, disabled verbose + updated some kexts. all fine

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5BEH
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
I think it's about time for me to move from clover to opencore 1) big sur is coming. 2) it looks like appleALC kext has issues with my install if I update beyond 1.49. 3) Clover 5123 and above seem to have an opencore kludge/componenent and I would need to figure that out. What's my first steps as far as reading and homework? Are the guides/forums to start with? I tried going back 30 or so pages here.

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think it's about time for me to move from clover to opencore 1) big sur is coming. 2) it looks like appleALC kext has issues with my install if I update beyond 1.49. 3) Clover 5123 and above seem to have an opencore kludge/componenent and I would need to figure that out. What's my first steps as far as reading and homework? Are the guides/forums to start with? I tried going back 30 or so pages here.
Here's your reading assignment (just kidding) but this is the best source of information by platform. https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#starting-point

The NUC8's are Coffee Lake CPUs so keep that in mind, I've got an EFI Folder for OpenCore version 6.3 on page 90 of this thread that works with Big Sur Release 1 but which will also work for Catalina. To test it out back up your important data, create or use your USB boot Disk, mount the hidden EFI Partition and then add my EFI folder there. Hit F10 and choose the USB UEFI partition to boot it. If everything is working you can follow the guide to create your serial numbers, I recommend using CorpNewt's GENSymios (search for it).

Hope that helps

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5BEH
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Here's your reading assignment (just kidding) but this is the best source of information by platform. https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#starting-point

The NUC8's are Coffee Lake CPUs so keep that in mind, I've got an EFI Folder for OpenCore version 6.3 on page 90 of this thread that works with Big Sur Release 1 but which will also work for Catalina. To test it out back up your important data, create or use your USB boot Disk, mount the hidden EFI Partition and then add my EFI folder there. Hit F10 and choose the USB UEFI partition to boot it. If everything is working you can follow the guide to create your serial numbers, I recommend using CorpNewt's GENSymios (search for it).

Hope that helps
Thanks! I had already downloaded your file, stuck it on the efi partition of a usb stick and it rebooted into macos, so I was starting to wonder if all I had to d was transfer over my personal stuff like serial :)

Last edited:

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690i Gaming Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks! I already just finished downloading your file, stick in on the efi partition of a usb stick and it rebooted into macos, so I was starting to wonder if all I had to d was transfer over my personal stuff like serial :)
Pretty much, if you want to roll your own next update there is a bit of a learning curve. It’s not like Clover where you just download the installer and check a few boxes.