Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

2. The second issue is HDMI. I'm getting sometimes a noise (like old TV noise). Attaching and detaching cable works. I wonder if I can tweak something or should I just switch to USBC -> DisplayPort cable.

Swapping out a cable did the trick for me (at least so far). I used an old HDMI 1.4 cable that I had at hand and so far so good. The one that I used initially says 2.0 and 4K. Surprisingly that cable seems to be working just fine with my TV. Not sure if it is a function of HDMI version or just cable not being so good. The older cable that seems to be working is a bit studier/thicker, has gold plated contacts and has a bigger plug as well.

Just FYI if somebody comes across the same problem.

Hi Leesureone, thanks a lot for sharing all EFS's for the NUC. I used the OpenCore 0.6.2 and it works very well on a NUC8i3BEK, the low model with NVME only ssd. With some additions also wifi seems to work quite good. I have one question and that is how did you come to conclusion about framrate settings? Sanity check says its not a CoffeLake cpu, and as far as I understand Hackintool suggests other numbers too. I mean perhaps not a big deal, your works, and putting something else there does not work to boot with. So if you have time to answer this it would be nice.
Hi, your post is a little confusing. Frame Rate settings? Not sure what you mean there. If you are referring to the website to test config.plist settings Sanity Check will only report on what you tell it. Hackintool can be wrong and that is documented, you have to be careful choosing the correct device IDs.

All the NUC8s are Coffee Lake 8th Generation CPUs (hence the name NUC8). Here is the intel product information page on your model. Note 8th generation which is also known as Coffee Lake.

Attachments

• NUC8i3.png
    NUC8i3.png
    258.9 KB · Views: 72
Swapping out a cable did the trick for me (at least so far). I used an old HDMI 1.4 cable that I had at hand and so far so good. The one that I used initially says 2.0 and 4K. Surprisingly that cable seems to be working just fine with my TV. Not sure if it is a function of HDMI version or just cable not being so good. The older cable that seems to be working is a bit studier/thicker, has gold plated contacts and has a bigger plug as well.

Just FYI if somebody comes across the same problem.
Funny how that can make a difference. There is also an HDMI firmware update available on intel's download page that has helped some users.

Hi, your post is a little confusing. Frame Rate settings? Not sure what you mean there. If you are referring to the website to test config.plist settings Sanity Check will only report on what you tell it. Hackintool can be wrong and that is documented, you have to be careful choosing the correct device IDs.

All the NUC8s are Coffee Lake 8th Generation CPUs (hence the name NUC8). Here is the intel product information page on your model. Note 8th generation which is also known as Coffee Lake.

Hi, yes it was confusing, sorry. What I was referring to was the AAPL,ig-platform-id number. Well, I must read more about this OpenCore to understand more. I had a crash course on it the other day with this NUC8. My plan is to use it later on my other computers.

Hi, yes it was confusing, sorry. What I was referring to was the AAPL,ig-platform-id number. Well, I must read more about this OpenCore to understand more. I had a crash course on it the other day with this NUC8. My plan is to use it later on my other computers.
There are general recommendations Dortania provides in the install guide which are helpful but not always necessary. When I migrated over from clover I used the device IDs we had been using since Rehabman wrote the original guide are scripts. They worked fine and provided accurate information so have never thought about changing them. Same goes for the system definition, Dortania suggests iMac 18,3 For IGPU I think but Macmini8,1 works quite well.

After many years of using Hackintosh on the trustworthy Sandy Bridge platform, I upgraded last week to the NUC8i5BEH.
Config is 32Gb DDR4 2400Mhz and a 850 Pro SSD. Planning to get a NVME during Black Friday,

What a breeze to install, followed the OC6.2 install guide on Github, used a Leesureone's EFI folder (Page 90), tweaked the config.plist a bit using jvelascov's commands (page 369) and zxystd's Github for the Wifi kexts.

Install was easier than Windows! With the latest itlwm even the on-board WiFi works. My router is just next to the computer so no real speed issues for me, but it's true that speeds are reduced compared to Windows.
Overall, everything works perfectly now, thanks a lot for the valuable resources :clap::clap:

I don't know who needs to hear this, but if you buy the ASUS BT400 (for whatever reason, like I did) (or any other USB bluetooth dongle) and you're frustrated by how short the range is, a $10 USB extension cable will solve the problem. On a hunch, I connected the BT400 to an extender and moved it onto a nearby bookshelf. It essentially improved range by a factor of 10.

have a nice day,
My EFI file is attached. (Nuc7i5BNH BigSur)
BigSur works very well on my device.
The only problem is Win10 is not in the boot list as you can see in the attached picture?

Can you help?

Attachments

• NUC7i5BNH-OC6.2_EFI.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 85
  • win10opencorelist.jpeg
    win10opencorelist.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 42
Funny how that can make a difference. There is also an HDMI firmware update available on intel's download page that has helped some users.

Ok, I didn't know that. The problem is ... how do I get that installed w/o Windows running on the machine? Seems like the files are only for Windows and I don't have dual boot setup.

The issue with the "snow" doesn't happen as often as with the other cable but it does happen.

Ok, I didn't know that. The problem is ... how do I get that installed w/o Windows running on the machine? Seems like the files are only for Windows and I don't have dual boot setup.

The issue with the "snow" doesn't happen as often as with the other cable but it does happen.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Back