Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z390 Gaming E
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Hey Lee, thanks for the confirmation, I'll put it in Windows test build and see if the wi-fi works on that. If not then I'll send the card back as faulty.
For the card to work win Windows you'll need the bootcamp drivers but it should still show uo in device manager if its working. My bet is it's something with the adapter.

Motherboard
INTEL NUC8i7BEH - Bios 74
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
Sorry for the late reply @spottsy, I haven't updated Clover EFI folders in quite a while so use at your own risk. I would update Clover and various kexts if you want to go that direction, back everything up first. OC and Clover are similar but OC has al lot more folks participating in its devlopment, or that's what it seems to me, and its the future of boot loaders for sure.

Bluetooth is working well and is stable with newer developments in the kext I mention. There has also been progress in intel wireless but it's still pretty much a WIP.
Thanks so much for the reply. I will try the OC and I know how to update clover etc but thanks for the reply.

If OC is what you are developing then I'll get used to it as you are the one that is keeping everything working. Thanks for the updated EFI and advice. Cheers.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
For the card to work win Windows you'll need the bootcamp drivers but it should still show uo in device manager if its working. My bet is it's something with the adapter.
Yep the card appears to be faulty, only Broadcom bluetooth hub shows up in Device Manager, nothing except usual NIC shows in Network devices, even with Bootcamp drivers installed.

Thanks for pointers.

Jim