Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I am very new to hackintoshes and just bought myself a NuC8 to start with. I have also gone through itlwm and people have posted that it works for both Bt and wifi so i am skipping on the wifi/bt card and instead gone for a NVMe SSD. Could you suggest a latest updated guide for the Nuc8i7BEH which i can follow as a beginner for getting catalina installed on my system.

Also, i dont have a mac so will be using gitmacos for the image and a ubuntu system to set up everything.

Also, is it fine to choose the NVMe SSD over the Wifi bt card, since I will need just the wifi for internet and bluetooth for my speakers and mouse and dont want airdrop/handsoff since i dont use any other ios device and dont even intend to in the future. Thanks.

Last edited:
I am very new to hackintoshes and just bought myself a NuC8 to start with. I have no prior knowledge about installing hackintosh.I have gone through the Tonyx86 posts for Nuc 8 but its mostly regarding the Clover bootloader instead of Opencore. I have also gone through itlwm and people have posted that it works for both Bt and wifi so i am skipping on the wifi/bt card and instead gone for a NVMe SSD. Could you suggest a latest updated opencore guide for the Nuc8i7BEH which i can follow as a beginner for getting catalina installed on my system.

Also, i dont have a mac so will be using gitmacos for the image and a ubuntu system to set up everything.

Also, is it fine to choose the NVMe SSD over the Wifi bt card, since I will need just the wifi for internet and bluetooth for my speakers and mouse and dont want airdrop/handsoff since i dont use any other ios device and dont even intend to in the future. Thanks.
See page 90 of this thread for EFI folders, if you are looking for validation the choices you are making are fine but I would also recommend having wired internet. You method of creating the bootloader is not supported on this site per the rules (your post maybe deleted and you banned from the site). Might want to consult the forum rules you agreed to when you signed up

See page 90 of this thread for EFI folders, if you are looking for validation the choices you are making are fine but I would also recommend having wired internet. You method of creating the bootloader is not supported on this site per the rules (your post maybe deleted and you banned from the site). Might want to consult the forum rules you agreed to when you signed up
Thanks for the heads up. Is wired internet an absolute necessity, since i have a portable wifi which doesnt have any lan ports. Are there constant fluctuations while using itlwm.

Thanks for the heads up. Is wired internet an absolute necessity, since i have a portable wifi which doesnt have any lan ports. Are there constant fluctuations while using itlwm.
It depends on your expectations for internet speeds, I don't use the new kext so I can't really speak to it but its still very much in development, speeds have been very slow.

Hi,
@Leesureone I ve tried the EFI with OC6,0 you posted on page 90.
I am able to boot but USB config is not working. I tried to use my previous USBPorts.kext or modify the one you provide it's like it is not taken into account. I want to remove HS10 and add HS05 but it no modification are reflected when I boot.
Is there anything else to change so that my change can be working when I boot?
thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 22.43.35.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 22.43.35.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 78
Hi,
@Leesureone I ve tried the EFI with OC6,0 you posted on page 90.
I am able to boot but USB config is not working. I tried to use my previous USBPorts.kext or modify the one you provide it's like it is not taken into account. I want to remove HS10 and add HS05 but it no modification are reflected when I boot.
Is there anything else to change so that my change can be working when I boot?
thanks
Try this version, I've found you either need to leave the Kernel Quirk for USB turned on (which is what I did it the attached) in combination with either an SSDT or USBPort.kext. Either that or add USBInjectAll.kext to the kexts you load as well as whatever method you are using to define your USB ports.

Attachments

• NUC8OC6.0EFI.zip
    12 MB · Views: 107
Its a work in progress but wireless works
Since itlwm is now available in a stable 1.0.0 release, just placing the itlwm.kext (not itlwmx.kext) into the kext folders makes Wifi work ?

I am looking specifically for Unlock Mac via Apple Watch, which seems to require both Wifi & BT

Since itlwm is now available in a stable 1.0.0 release, just placing the itlwm.kext (not itlwmx.kext) into the kext folders makes Wifi work ?

I am looking specifically for Unlock Mac via Apple Watch, which seems to require both Wifi & BT
I would refer to the documentation on GitHub and post questions there. Meanwhile using that wireless kext in tandem with the bluetooth kext a lot of us are using will not give you the functionality you are looking for. For Continuity features to work you still need a card that is recognized as native.

Thanks, then I'll skip that since that was my only reason.

Try this version, I've found you either need to leave the Kernel Quirk for USB turned on (which is what I did it the attached) in combination with either an SSDT or USBPort.kext. Either that or add USBInjectAll.kext to the kexts you load as well as whatever method you are using to define your USB ports.
Thanks I don't know why I had to recreate a USBPort.kext from scratch using Hackintool with the XHCIPortLimit activated and USBInjectall.kext.
Reusing the USBPort.kext I use with OC5,9 didn't work
I could also reuse the USBC fix you made and my USB C port works plug and play also.

Back