Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

This is what I have on my NUC8i5BEH, my BT and wifi both work.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 90
I use this one, it is plug and play for nuc 8
If you order it don’t forget to mention the WiFi card model you will use so they will place the spacer at the correct location

Thanks Larzouz, anychance you could have another go at the link though as that just leads me to the front page of AliExpress :) .

Hi Leesureone, I took a look at your EFI page as I wanted to update my NUC8i7BEH to Catalina to 10.15.6. I notice your EFI says updated for 10.15.4. Can I use this EFI and update normally to the latest 10.15.6?

Also I wouldn't mind trying the opencore loader you have on your EFI page too using NUC8 OC6.0 you provide thanks. I just read up on opencore and wonder what advantages it has over clover for you to maintain it? Or are both very similar?

Intel Bluetooth Question: Your EFI history says " 3/23/20 Added Intel Bluetooth kext to both OC and Clover Versions". Bluetooth was always flaky previously have things changed so I can enable bluetooth now and use in a stable way?

Thanks for your continued to help to this forum.

Sorry for the late reply @spottsy, I haven't updated Clover EFI folders in quite a while so use at your own risk. I would update Clover and various kexts if you want to go that direction, back everything up first. OC and Clover are similar but OC has al lot more folks participating in its devlopment, or that's what it seems to me, and its the future of boot loaders for sure.

Bluetooth is working well and is stable with newer developments in the kext I mention. There has also been progress in intel wireless but it's still pretty much a WIP.

Back