Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

OpenCore 5.9 for the NUC8 and configured for the i5 USB layout posted to page 90. I'll work on the NUC7 version soon.

Hi,

I recently moved to OC5.8 on NUC8i5BEH and it works better than Clover. I just tried OC5.9, but my dell U2027Q monitor via USB-C is not working... It works with OC5.8. Is it the USB layout issue too?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I recently moved to OC5.8 on NUC8i5BEH and it works better than Clover. I just tried OC5.9, but my dell U2027Q monitor via USB-C is not working... It works with OC5.8. Is it the USB layout issue too?

Thanks a lot!
Please try this version

Attachments

• NUC8OC5.9EFI 2.zip
    66.8 MB · Views: 3,380
Hi,

noticed the SystemProductName changed, is USB layout the reason for changing from MacMini8,1 to MacBookPro16,1

Thanks
Actually that is my mistake, I have an NUC10 I ma trying to configure and that's the recommended Symbios for that. I uploaded a new EFI folder on page 90 and and in the last post.

Actually that is my mistake, I have an NUC10 I ma trying to configure and that's the recommended Symbios for that. I uploaded a new EFI folder on page 90 and and in the last post.
thanks for doing all this. it had been very helpful. Haven't come to this forum for a while but I now use your EFI folder, everything works perfectly. I am trying to get a NUC10i7, not sure if we have got it working like the NUC8? thanks again.

thanks for doing all this. it had been very helpful. Haven't come to this forum for a while but I now use your EFI folder, everything works perfectly. I am trying to get a NUC10i7, not sure if we have got it working like the NUC8? thanks again.
Not yet...struggling a bit

@Leesureone Hi, thank you so much for your dedication to this platform. Any chance you can write a migration post from Clover to OC?, I am trying to cross the border but I am a bit confused. Can any of you guys point me to the right direction?
How does one replace the existing clover EFI with OC?

Here are both new versions of basic EFI folders for the NUC10i5 and i7 models. Still doing some testing on the i7, I don't have an i5 to be able to test.

Attachments

• EFI-NUC10 i5.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 74
  • EFI-NUC10 i7.zip
    11.7 MB · Views: 96
Thanks Leesureone your open core file made it a breeze for my nuc8i5 .. Question did you get Apple TV plus working ? It plays reviews and allows you to browse but only a blank screen when trying to play anything ... Thanks

Thanks Leesureone your open core file made it a breeze for my nuc8i5 .. Question did you get Apple TV plus working ? It plays reviews and allows you to browse but only a blank screen when trying to play anything ... Thanks
Well, I know there has been a lot of work done with AMD GPUs, Whatevergreen and DRM but as far as IGPUs we are out of luck. There is no work around for us as far as I know.

Last edited:
Back