Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Your profile has no hardware details.
Please fix as per rules and/or laptop FAQ.

Sorry RehabMan,
this should be no „bug“ report, just a status update.
My Hardware for these build:
NUC8i7BEH, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung 970 Pro, System Definition: Mac mini 2018

Maybe it’s the System definition, that’s Speedstep not 100% work... If I have a bit more time I will change back to iMac and see what’s happen :)

Is Speedstep working correct with your complete files? So min. 800 and boost 4500?

Best regards
Matthias

Your current setup is correct (other than trying SSDT_CFLALT.aml).

You guess wrong.
This guide does not use Clover config.plist/Graphics for injection.
It uses a combination of ACPI and config.plist/Devices/Properties.

I tried "make install_cflalt" and reboot. It still didn't work.

My Hardware for these build:
NUC8i7BEH, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung 970 Pro, System Definition: Mac mini 2018

Your profile is still not fixed. Please fix as per request.

Maybe it’s the System definition, that’s Speedstep not 100% work... If I have a bit more time I will change back to iMac and see what’s happen :)

Is Speedstep working correct with your complete files? So min. 800 and boost 4500?

Still no PR files attached. Please attach full PR files from gen_debug.sh as per post #1.

Please attach problem reporting files as requested in post #1.
OK, I understand. If the problem is still no solved, pr files are still needed.Right?

Attachments

• debug_20446.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 53
OK, I understand. If the problem is still no solved, pr files are still needed.Right?

Your profile is still not fixed.
Please fix as per laptop FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

- the only thing what is Not so Fine at the Moment: the CPU only Go Down to 1300 MHz and not to 800 and Boost go to 4200 and not to 4500

Your configuration looks ok. If you only idle down to x13, it is likely because that's the way Apple wants it for Macmini8,1.
Note that you will not top turbo state with multiple cores active (as per Intel spec).

Must test pstates with AppleIntelInfo.kext... no AppleIntelInfo.txt output attached.

Your profile is still not fixed.
Please fix as per laptop FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Your configuration looks ok. If you only idle down to x13, it is likely because that's the way Apple wants it for Macmini8,1.
Note that you will not top turbo state with multiple cores active (as per Intel spec).

Must test pstates with AppleIntelInfo.kext... no AppleIntelInfo.txt output attached.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by "profile not fixed".Did I upload wrong pr files or my setup was wrong?
I get my profile form clover by F2 and F4. Generated it by https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/.

I will redo the process and upload it again soon.

--------------
Did you mean my profile of this forum not correct? Oh I got it.
Profile updated.
--------------
Here is the file:

Attachments

• debug_18771.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Can you please share your config.plist. I am a total newbie, tried to follow the guide and I think my problem is in the config.plist (just mask your serial with 0s). Thank you in advance!!

Getting kernel panic thats related to iGPU every time .... :(
Hi,
in your bios setting verify if you checked : legacy boot
in your EFI partition in drivers64UEFI folder verify that you have put EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
latest bios : 48

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Hi,
in your bios setting verify if you checked : legacy boot
in your EFI partition in drivers64UEFI folder verify that you have put EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
latest bios : 48

Keep in mind the config.plist you attached is only for "final config.plist", NOT for the USB installer.

Back