Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hello everyone, I am just getting into hackintosh and ready to buy my first nuc8i7BEH2.. I was looking into the forum to understand which wifi/bt card is compatible with the system, does anyone used the M.2: BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A on the nuc? Should I buy the adaptor or is ready to be insert?

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I am just getting into hackintosh and ready to buy my first nuc8i7BEH2.. I was looking into the forum to understand which wifi/bt card is compatible with the system, does anyone used the M.2: BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A on the nuc? Should I buy the adaptor or is ready to be insert?

The M.2: BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A may or may not work, its proven to be problematic in that apparently there are different variations of the card. The best recommendation is to use the Dell DW1560 although they are trending between $60 to $140 on Ebay or Amazon USA. You will also need an adapter and cables as documented here:

Unless you need the connectivity features of OSX its recommended you take advantage of the M2 slot using a NVME SSD and using wired internet or purchasing a wireless or Bluetooth USB adapter (they do not make one that does both for OSX)

The M.2: BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A may or may not work, its proven to be problematic in that apparently there are different variations of the card. The best recommendation is to use the Dell DW1560 although they are trending between $60 to $140 on Ebay or Amazon USA. You will also need an adapter and cables as documented here:

Unless you need the connectivity features of OSX its recommended you take advantage of the M2 slot using a NVME SSD and using wired internet or purchasing a wireless or Bluetooth USB adapter (they do not make one that does both for OSX)

I just discover the guide that shows the ram are compatible with 2400mhz and I bought the 2666 one's. Good start though.. I will give it a try to the problematic one cause I found it at 15 euro.. Living in europe sucks with those components cause are really hard to find. I just have to wait till tomorrow that I will receive the components and start to call all the saints in the sky to help me :lol:

I am suspecting it is my Asus USB bluetooth dongle to blame, but unfortunately this has to stay connected since I am using my Apple BT Keyboard/Mouse. It is a real shame that no solution for the inbuilt bluetooth firmware issue has been found (yet, fingers crossed).
I'm using Apple BT keyboard and mouse as well, with embedded NUC Intel BT. I have to use Linux workaround - boot to Linux to allow it to init BT properly (upload firmware) and then reboot to MacOS. BT works fine then as long as you don't poweroff the NUC (works fine after wake up from sleep). It survives reboots too. I only have to do is when I power it off, which is like once a week. It's not practical, but doable. I do however notice that my keyboard loses charge much faster than before (than with MacBook Pro).

I'm using Apple BT keyboard and mouse as well, with embedded NUC Intel BT. I have to use Linux workaround - boot to Linux to allow it to init BT properly (upload firmware) and then reboot to MacOS. BT works fine then as long as you don't poweroff the NUC (works fine after wake up from sleep). It survives reboots too. I only have to do is when I power it off, which is like once a week. It's not practical, but doable. I do however notice that my keyboard loses charge much faster than before (than with MacBook Pro).
Yes, I considered going this route, but I take my NUC to my office every day, so I would have to do that at least twice a day. I think it survives a simple power off, though, as long as you don't disconnect the power cable; I don't remember if I have tested this on my NUC, but it definitely applies to my wife's NUC7i3BNH.
It would be nice if some kext guru found a way to solve the firmware upload issue, though :)

Yes, I considered going this route, but I take my NUC to my office every day, so I would have to do that at least twice a day. I think it survives a simple power off, though, as long as you don't disconnect the power cable; I don't remember if I have tested this on my NUC, but it definitely applies to my wife's NUC7i3BNH.
It would be nice if some kext guru found a way to solve the firmware upload issue, though :)
All I'm going to say is wishful thinking. Ever considered a bluetooth dongle? There are quite a few that work with OSX without drivers.

All I'm going to say is wishful thinking. Ever considered a bluetooth dongle? There are quite a few that work with OSX without drivers.
Yes, that's what I am already using, since the other option is not so practical. I'm just hoping for a solution in order to ditch the Asus USB adapter (I think it is the culprit for some sleep issues I'm having).

Is the latest Bios, (75 dated 10/23/19) safe for use if everything is working on Bios 74?

I set up usb and everything and I am ready to install but I have an error that says "the copy of the install macos MOjave application is damaged, and can't be used to install macos" how is it that possible? I downloaded from my mac air so is genuine.. If I create another usb with only the installer of mac can I install it from the actual screen? Kind of double usb?

Back