- Sep 8, 2019
- INTEL NUC8i7BEH - Bios 74
- Iris Plus 655
Also missed this post HedgeHog2k. I keep seeing homebrew in lists in youtube and in guides. Vanilla too was in lots of lists so I'll give it a go. I'm just using google's passwords at the moment. I tried lastpass but you had to get the paid version and I wasn't too sure. Thanks for the suggestions I'll give them all a go.Mac user here for 6 years or so, before that lifetime of windows (since dos).
The tools I always install are:
- homebrew: package manager. I install all my apps with it (brew cask install ....)
- spectacle: window management with shortcuts (full screen, snap to left/right/top/bottom,..)
- vanilla: cleanup my systray
- lastpass: password manager (came from 1password, which is better, but I hate their subscription model)
I think the best thing I have purchased software wise is carbon copy cloner 5 and the use of snapshots. Can go back to any point in time pre and post patch etc.
Snapshots came in with APFS formatting and High Sierra. I just found a guide on how to create, manage and use APFS snapshots WITHOUT Carbon Copy Cloner which I am about to read. It is also tied into to time machine. I'm about to read it but it looks good if you want a way to go back to a point in time if a patch broke something and you want to reverse it.