Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
Intel Nuc 7i3 BNH
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
Android
Sorry, I just built my firsth hackintosh, used an Intel NUC 7i3BNH; I used Sevift Clover Folder after installation of Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2, used this guide to download Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2, I tried with Mojave 10.14.6 using this link - sorry but I don't own a Mac -but for some reason can't even pass the installation process. After the installation of Mojave 10.14.2 I use this EFI Folder and replaced the Clover Folder with Sevift's Clover Folder (Quoting) as I mentioned before and everything is working out of the box, except for the headphone jack port, I'm getting audio but (here I don't know exactly how to explain but I'll try my best), for example in a song, I can hear really well al the instruments but the singer's voice is heard far away.
Here's my Efi Folder, I don't know if you need something else. Thanks in advanced and really sorry for this post. I searched all over google and can't find a fix for this.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
INTEL NUC8i7BEH - Bios 74
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
You've been on this forum and read posts from users who have issues I wouldn't anticipate. What works for me does not always work for everyone and all I can say is welcome to the world of Hackintosh! In regards to your question the best answer is to just try it and see how your system behaves. You can save a copy of your EFI Folder if you are concerned enough about the change. its pretty minor all in all, but having a back up available somewhere is always a good plan. Also make sure your usb boot disk is still working to get you back into your desktop if there is a problem with the change.
Yeah I have and tested recently boot disk. I just didn't want to do something that might change the Catalina install itself. All is working well and I always keep a backup of EFI folders on my NAS and USB. I have a clone too of the OS using CCC.

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z390 Gaming E
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Sorry, I just built my firsth hackintosh, used an Intel NUC 7i3BNH; I used Sevift Clover Folder after installation of Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2, used this guide to download Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2, I tried with Mojave 10.14.6 using this link - sorry but I don't own a Mac -but for some reason can't even pass the installation process. After the installation of Mojave 10.14.2 I use this EFI Folder and replaced the Clover Folder with Sevift's Clover Folder (Quoting) as I mentioned before and everything is working out of the box, except for the headphone jack port, I'm getting audio but (here I don't know exactly how to explain but I'll try my best), for example in a song, I can hear really well al the instruments but the singer's voice is heard far away.

Here's my Efi Folder, I don't know if you need something else. Thanks in advanced and really sorry for this post. I searched all over google and can't find a fix for this.
Careful, you can be banned for using an approved method of installing OS X. That's what happened to the user (left unnamed) whose guide you are referring to. Meanwhile you can't use his EFI folder because it is for an NUC8, it won't work, @Sevift's EFI folder should work though.

Motherboard
Intel Nuc 7i3 BNH
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
Android
Careful, you can be banned for using an approved method of installing OS X. That's what happened to the user (left unnamed) whose guide you are referring to. Meanwhile you can't use his EFI folder because it is for an NUC8, it won't work, @Sevift's EFI folder should work though.
Thanks, I really didn't know that, I'll read again all the rules before posting again. I'm using @Sevift EFI Folders, but still can't get the headphones output to work as it should work. Not even with Sevift Efi Folder "(

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini

We can point you to EFI folders in this forum but you need to put your hardware in you profile for us to see. There are different EFI folders for NUC7 and NUC8.
NUC8 link is here and read post 901. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...bxx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/page-91#post-1968320
It has ALL you need to install Catalina or Mojave 10.14.6.
NUC7 is here but read post 901 first. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...xx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/page-169#post-2023615
my guide on making a install USB for clean install of Catalina. Works for Mojave too just change the termainal command in the apple link for Mojave USB. Cata is running well for all of us. Be aware 32bit software won't work on Catalina so stick with Mojave if 32bit is important to you.
Link to catalina usb clean install here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...xx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/page-160#post-2019668

Motherboard
Intel Nuc 7i3 BNH
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
Android
We can point you to EFI folders in this forum but you need to put your hardware in you profile for us to see. There are different EFI folders for NUC7 and NUC8.
NUC8 link is here and read post 901. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...bxx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/page-91#post-1968320
It has ALL you need to install Catalina or Mojave 10.14.6.
NUC7 is here but read post 901 first. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...xx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/page-169#post-2023615
my guide on making a install USB for clean install of Catalina. Works for Mojave too just change the termainal command in the apple link for Mojave USB. Cata is running well for all of us. Be aware 32bit software won't work on Catalina so stick with Mojave if 32bit is important to you.
Link to catalina usb clean install here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...xx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/page-160#post-2019668
Thank you very much, I'll give it a try yo all of this right now. Hope I can get it fix!

Already update my hardware.

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
Thank you very much, I'll give it a try yo all of this right now. Hope I can get it fix!

Already update my hardware.
Tell us if you have problems. You have the nuc7 so download https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...xx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/page-169#post-2023615

Now it has everything you need to install Catalina or Mojave. It already has Clover and all your kexts/drivers and more in that EFI folder. All you have to do is use clover configurator. Download and install all this is in spottsy guide. Load the EFI backup your OLD EFI folder. Delete the EFI folder move to bin. Then copy and paste the entire EFI folder from the link above. You can update to mojave 10.14.6. If you have problems just follow my guide and make a catalina install or mojave and do clean install. Then after install finishes copy EFI folder to your Mac hard drive EFI parttion.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
You've been on this forum and read posts from users who have issues I wouldn't anticipate. What works for me does not always work for everyone and all I can say is welcome to the world of Hackintosh! In regards to your question the best answer is to just try it and see how your system behaves. You can save a copy of your EFI Folder if you are concerned enough about the change. its pretty minor all in all, but having a back up available somewhere is always a good plan. Also make sure your usb boot disk is still working to get you back into your desktop if there is a problem with the change.
Good news the drivers from here for TP-LINK wireless adapters work very nice and work like they should. Changing Clover kext injecter from Detect to YES didn't seem to change anything that I have yet to see. So if you have TP-LINK wireless adapter and need an installer for Catalina this works and is for all of the REALTEK chipset wifi adapters. They Also work for some other popular WiFi adapters other than TP-Link.

https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover

Known Working and testing adapter
  • Archer T2U NANO
  • ArcherT4U V3
  • Archer T3U
  • Archer T9UH V2
  • ASUS USB AC68
  • EDIMAX EW-7722UTn V2
  • EDIMAX N300
  • Linksys WUSB6300
  • TL-WN823Nv3
  • TL-WN823Nv2
  • TL-WN725Nv3
  • TL-WN722Nv3
  • TL-WN821Nv6
  • TRENDnet N150 Micro

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
For NUC7, I nevertheless advised to refer to post #1,632
I have updated my guide to show Nuc7 to the link you have above.
Also updated my Catalina/Mojave install guide to accomodate Nuc7 link as well Thanks for picking that up.
Link to my guide below which points to both Nuc8 and Nuc7 links now and how to make Catalina install usb etc to make it easy to point people to one link. It has info on changing serial too now.