Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

You shouldn't need to mess around with CPU frequencies or setting C States, the OS should be taking care of that for you.

Yeah, I did read any articles about that. I did remove it :D

Can you explain me how I can use iperf3 to test my ethernet? I'm not sure what to look for.
  1. install brew packet manager to install software
  2. install iperf3 (brew install iperf3)
  3. start iperf3 on one machine to act as server: iperf3 -s
  4. start iperf3 on a client machine to act as client iperf3 -c ip.of.the.server

KP = Kernel Panic...bad deal. Things have changed, I still run with Legacy Boot enabled but it may not be necessary. I know at least one user, and now you, who have reported not needing it. Wondering if you did enable it if it changed the dual boot scenario you described yesterday.

I did enable legacy but as the guide says we still have to boot as UEFI so it seems Rehabman suggests it so Mac OS boots. As you said it doesn't seem necessary. KP was Kernal panic I should have guessed. I do know a little about that using verbose mode to work out why things don't boot.

Now I did a lot of work investigating on the windows 10 bootloader not booting after booting into MacOS once.

It isn't clover but Windows 10 itself. I did a copy of files in the Win 10 EFI partition to see what file was being changed. It is the BCD file which is where Windows bootloader looks to boot windows.

Apparently since UEFI dual booting even on seperate disks makes Windows 10 bootloader not load. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...esktop/repair-the-boot-menu-on-a-dual-boot-pc

The problem happens when booting any other OS like MacOS, Linux etc.

A very strange thing is I am happy to use the clover bootloader and then repair the EFI if I take the MacOS hard drive out of my system. But if I boot into Windows 10 Intel HDMI audio driver won't load and no sound to my TV. Hmm. I think it is due to failing a security check. It knows it was booted from a different bootloader maybe.

I’m using TP-link Archer T3U. It works fine for Mojave and Catalina.
Thanks for the confirmation. I'll order it now. Just wanted to know something that works with Catalina. Much appreciated.

1. install brew packet manager to install software
  2. install iperf3 (brew install iperf3)
  3. start iperf3 on one machine to act as server: iperf3 -s
  4. start iperf3 on a client machine to act as client iperf3 -c ip.of.the.server
Exactly that!

FYI. Intel i7nuc7dnhe updated to Catalina without issues. Clover 5070 and updated kexts using Hackingtool.

IMPORTANT: Bluetooth wasn’t working at first. I had to update the BrcmPatchRAM2 kext to the headkaze latest release which has some fixes and improvements just for Catalina.

Sidecar is also working like a charm wirelessly.
Best regards

I have an intel NUC7i5dnke and updated to Catalina this morning. I put the headkaze BrcmPatchRAM2 in place and still no bluetooth.

Did something happen the the internal USB ports maybe?

Hackintool shows BCM20702A0 on HS08 Internal

Are there any CPU temperature monitoring tools for Mojave that work with these Hackintosh NUCs? I tried HWMonitor (works only with SSD "out of box") and TG Pro - no dice. I've updated from FakeSMC kext to VirtualSMC as that is the superseding release; I've updated WhateverGreen (not really related to this) kext as well. Anyone have these running?

I have an intel NUC7i5dnke and updated to Catalina this morning. I put the headkaze BrcmPatchRAM2 in place and still no bluetooth.

Did something happen the the internal USB ports maybe?

Hackintool shows BCM20702A0 on HS08 Internal
I noticed that the Bluetooth vendor changed, (maybe?) when I view via System Information...
Would this be a clue as to what happened?

BCM20702A0:

Product ID: 0xe07a
Vendor ID: 0x0489 (Foxconn / Hon Hai)
Version: 1.12
Serial Number: ACD1B8E64738
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/s
Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp
Location ID: 0x14500000 / 3
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 0
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0
Built-In: Yes

Are there any CPU temperature monitoring tools for Mojave that work with these Hackintosh NUCs? I tried HWMonitor (works only with SSD "out of box") and TG Pro - no dice. I've updated from FakeSMC kext to VirtualSMC as that is the superseding release; I've updated WhateverGreen (not really related to this) kext as well. Anyone have these running?
I have CPU temp and Frequency working, not gpu temp with some additional fakesmc kexts

Back