Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

So you have full handoff / airdrop functionality with this? And does it work plug-and-play or you need to install additional drivers?
No. USB-Wifi don't support handoff/airdrop. Need to install driver from vender's web site.

Tried a little bit of gaming (CS:GO): gfx performance is definitely not up to to the same level as Windows 10.

I tested it today but i think that my CPU I think doenst work so good, because running for example 3.5 ghz then fall down to 1.7ghz then 4.5 ghz is not stable. So 60 fps lag 23 then back.... Any solution ?

I tested it today but i think that my CPU I think doenst work so good, because running for example 3.5 ghz then fall down to 1.7ghz then 4.5 ghz is not stable. So 60 fps lag 23 then back.... Any solution ?
Your cpu is supposed to go up and down. The i7-8559u has a base clock pf 2,7Ghz and can go up to 4,5Ghz with turbo boost.

but on win10 I could play CS:Go with a descent 60fps while on macos it’s rather unplayable: very low and choppy framerate(25-45fps).

Your cpu is supposed to go up and down. The i7-8559u has a base clock pf 2,7Ghz and can go up to 4,5Ghz with turbo boost.

but on win10 I could play CS:Go with a descent 60fps while on macos it’s rather unplayable: very low and choppy framerate(25-45fps).

Online gaming? If so could your low ethernet speeds be contributing to that? I've always thought of Windows as the preferred gaming OS but I pretty much an Xbox guy now.

ok so then it's ok do you think that can I use this or it's useless ?

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2019-10-13 v 22.00.40.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2019-10-13 v 22.00.40.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
Online gaming? If so could your low ethernet speeds be contributing to that? I've always thought of Windows as the preferred gaming OS but I pretty much an Xbox guy now.

True is I don't play games too much I prefer programming, but sometime I want to play some games. Else when I turn on World Of Warcraft the game work smoothly so I don't think that I have low ethernet speed :)

For the moment I have put my ethernet to 100mbps because gigabit unusable. With 100mbit I get a steady 50mbit stable in iperf3 (I pay for a 200mbit line - so I need to get this fixed).
But anyway, 50mbit should be sufficient for some basic online gaming.

I dont have any experience with gaming on macos and I can only compare to win10. So I am wondering if anybody who does have the experience can share it with us!

Back