Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

How do I stop CLOVER replacing Windows 10 EFI bootloader even when I didn't boot into Windows from Clover? NOTE Catalina is on M.2 drive and Windows 10 is on SATA 2.5 SSD internal drive.

AIM: I love the my NUC8i7BEH visual Bios' ability to safe custom BIOS configurations changed from the Defaults F9. I want to simply load my MAC bios defaults or Windows 10 and DON'T want Clover changing any files on Win 10 EFI partition. To get the Win 10 drive bootable again I have to clone from a backup the EFI partition in Windows 10.

PROBLEM: If I boot into Clover then Catalina even once it replaces the Windows 10 bootloader file EVEN THOUGHT IT IS ON A SEPARATE DRIVE and I have NEVER used clover to boot into Windows 10 not even once.

FROM THIS POINT ON the Windows 10 drive cannot boot independently without CLOVER So if the Mac Hard drive is removed the Windows 10 drive isn't bootable.

So I have TWO custom BIOS'. I use F2 to go into bios and LOAD my Windows 10 or Mac OS default BIOS settings depending what I am booting into.

REASON FOR TWO BIOS configs: In Mac I have many things disabled as well as INTERNAL Bluetooth and WIFI etc.

When I boot Windows I want those back.

Now I know your going to say there are lots of guides about dual booting Mac OS X and Windows 10 but believe me I have read a dozen by now and videos. They ALL have to do with how to dual boot either on the ONE drive with TWO partitions.

The MAJORITY of posts are asking the OPPOSITE to what I am aHisking. Most have installed Windows 10 after clover and MAC OS and Windows replaced the clover EFI bootloader.

Would some kind Hackintosh Soul Ninja instruct me in the ways of Clover minding it's windows 10 business lol?

I'm sure Leesureone has the answer and is a Hackintosh Ninja?
Karate Chop! More like the Austin Powers of Hackintosh, yeah baby! :D. I don't have an answer for you but I'll check to see if I have the same issue and report back later. If I do its something new being I have always been able to select the Windows boot drive as default in the bios, or the boot option window, and then boot via boot manager.
Edit: At boot I hit the F10 key and choose Windows boot manager and it works so it is still installed and functional. Are you sure you are choosing the right partition to boot from?

Last edited:
FYI. Intel i7nuc7dnhe updated to Catalina without issues. Clover 5070 and updated kexts using Hackingtool.

IMPORTANT: Bluetooth wasn’t working at first. I had to update the BrcmPatchRAM2 kext to the headkaze latest release which has some fixes and improvements just for Catalina.

Sidecar is also working like a charm wirelessly.
Best regards

SIDECAR WORKING NICELY WITH IPAD 12.9"

Hi Leesureone, I'm using your EFI folder for Catalina and SIDECAR WORKS with not tinkering. All I did was plug in the ipad to my NUC8 using front USB.

One thing I had to do. As ITUNES is gone I had to go to Finder and click on my device and click TRUST.

Once that was done I could choose my Ipad in the drop down box. Screenshots attached for you.
Same with me, no wifi so my iPad needs to be attached via USB for it to work. On my main machine it works via Wifi.

Hi Pro, I installed on my NUC7i3BNH and all feature are working very well but my system using a lot of ram. Could you Pro can advise me how to reduce ram using by system. It's often use 8/12Gb of ram when I open Safari, when I open PTS it use 12/12Gb of ram, :(. I attached 2 pic from activity and from clean my Mac. Thank for your help.
I don't know what Clean My Mac is reporting, think I would stay away from it but that's your call. In Activity Monitor it shows you are using about half your memory and compared to a real MacBook Air that I'm on right now that's normal. See my usage with just safari and some extensions open, more than half my memory is being used.

Memory Usage .png

Crashing? Its tough to offer help without more information. Did you follow the recommended bios settings described in the first post? Did you create the boot disk using Unibeast for UEFI booting? What hardware are you using for HDD/ SSD? Memory same question?
Thanks for the response. NUC8i7BEH, 2Bar of Crucial Ram, HD is a sata WD. The configuration was working fine for Mojave using your previous EFI. But once I get to Catalina, It work for a while before it crashes, so yeah. I am not sure why either.

Is it possible that I import my previous setting from another mac that caused the crash?

Thanks for the response. NUC8i7BEH, 2Bar of Crucial Ram, HD is a sata WD. The configuration was working fine for Mojave using your previous EFI. But once I get to Catalina, It work for a while before it crashes, so yeah. I am not sure why either.

Is it possible that I import my previous setting from another mac that caused the crash?
Hard to say why that's happening, do you get a crash report when you start up again? When you say imported from another Mac what do you mean?

Guys can help me someone? I bought Intel NUC Kit 8i7BEH. I did install I think that everything , but what doesn't work it's restart/shutdown I have no idea how it fix....

Fix for IntelMausi GigaBit issues: "disable "PCIe ASPM Support" in BIOS "Secondary Power Settings" section, this improves Gigabit stability". I had big issues with very high latency and packet loss.

tested using iperf3 (no wire speed because my iperf client was on wifi):

1570694711056.png

Another issue I'm facing: the NUC8i7BEH freezes after some time (hours/over night?) when the display turned off..
. Anyone else with freeze issues?
Can you explain me how I can use iperf3 to test my ethernet? I'm not sure what to look for.

Hard to say why that's happening, do you get a crash report when you start up again? When you say imported from another Mac what do you mean?
I meant I used the migration assistant.
First I set up a MacOS Catalina in my ESXi, then I migrated from Mojave.Hackintosh to Catalina.ESXi and then to Catalina.Hackintosh.

So i did a clean install and now so far so good.

Guys can help me someone? I bought Intel NUC Kit 8i7BEH. I did install I think that everything , but what doesn't work it's restart/shutdown I have no idea how it fix....
You have to try and provide more information otherwise its impossible to help. Start with the basics.
Did you follow the recommended bios settings described in the first post?
Did you create the boot disk using Unibeast for UEFI booting?
Did you replace the EFI folder with one posted in this forum?
Are you trying to load Mojave or Catalina?
What brand hardware are you using for HDD/ SSD?
Memory same question? Brand and Size
When you say restart/shutdown that can mean a lot of different things, describe the behavior in detail.

Back