Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

For anyone interested, my NUC8 (detailed in sig.) updated to Catalina. I updated Clover to the latest dids build before running the update. After the upgrade, I can no longer use sleep which I've disabled (along with the already disabled, hibernate) via pmset. Not a big issue as it's a desktop. Other than that, it works just fine. Sidecar does appear though I haven't been able to test it as my iPad runs in a different account. I'm not holding out much hope but we'll see.

For anyone interested, my NUC8 (detailed in sig.) updated to Catalina. I updated Clover to the latest dids build before running the update. After the upgrade, I can no longer use sleep which I've disabled (along with the already disabled, hibernate) via pmset. Not a big issue as it's a desktop. Other than that, it works just fine. Sidecar does appear though I haven't been able to test it as my iPad runs in a different account. I'm not holding out much hope but we'll see.
I have sleep working in Catalina but sidecar doesn’t
Edit: Sidecar works if I use a USB Connection, I don't have Wifi so I don't think it will work any other way.

Last edited:

I'm going to have a play today with Catalina. Been away for holiday and not had my usual testbench around me.

So sidecar can use either wired or wireless am I right? Hmm. Bummer at least wired doesn't work. I was keen to use it for my ipad.

I will have a play around with my macbook air and ipad first to see just how it works first. If you do get it working let me know how and thanks ahead of time.

Awesome! Thanks a lot for the link. I only had to disable HS10 (guess this is an internal port or something), did it very basic with a boot flag and still use USBInjectAll, now sleep working perfectly!

Well done matthome. I was having a sleep problem like you suggested but I think as leesureone suggested it was a usb drive I had plugged in for my issue. It is great when it works isn't it.

How do I stop CLOVER replacing Windows 10 EFI bootloader even when I didn't boot into Windows from Clover? NOTE Catalina is on M.2 drive and Windows 10 is on SATA 2.5 SSD internal drive.

AIM: I love the my NUC8i7BEH visual Bios' ability to safe custom BIOS configurations changed from the Defaults F9. I want to simply load my MAC bios defaults or Windows 10 and DON'T want Clover changing any files on Win 10 EFI partition. To get the Win 10 drive bootable again I have to clone from a backup the EFI partition in Windows 10.

PROBLEM: If I boot into Clover then Catalina even once it replaces the Windows 10 bootloader file EVEN THOUGHT IT IS ON A SEPARATE DRIVE and I have NEVER used clover to boot into Windows 10 not even once.

FROM THIS POINT ON the Windows 10 drive cannot boot independently without CLOVER So if the Mac Hard drive is removed the Windows 10 drive isn't bootable.

So I have TWO custom BIOS'. I use F2 to go into bios and LOAD my Windows 10 or Mac OS default BIOS settings depending what I am booting into.

REASON FOR TWO BIOS configs: In Mac I have many things disabled as well as INTERNAL Bluetooth and WIFI etc.

When I boot Windows I want those back.

Now I know your going to say there are lots of guides about dual booting Mac OS X and Windows 10 but believe me I have read a dozen by now and videos. They ALL have to do with how to dual boot either on the ONE drive with TWO partitions.

The MAJORITY of posts are asking the OPPOSITE to what I am asking. Most have installed Windows 10 after clover and MAC OS and Windows replaced the clover EFI bootloader.

Would some kind Hackintosh Soul Ninja instruct me in the ways of Clover minding it's windows 10 business lol?

I'm sure Leesureone has the answer and is a Hackintosh Ninja?

Last edited:

SIDECAR WORKING NICELY WITH IPAD 12.9"

Hi Leesureone, I'm using your EFI folder for Catalina and SIDECAR WORKS with not tinkering. All I did was plug in the ipad to my NUC8 using front USB.

One thing I had to do. As ITUNES is gone I had to go to Finder and click on my device and click TRUST.

Once that was done I could choose my Ipad in the drop down box. Screenshots attached for you.

Attachments

• Sidecar Settings Default.png
    Sidecar Settings Default.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 90
  • Finder Choose Ipad and then TRUST for Sidecar.png
    Finder Choose Ipad and then TRUST for Sidecar.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 91
Not sure if anyone else facing the same issue. my nuc8i7beh with 0071bios installed with efi in post 901, keep crashing and restarting.

Newest. Upgrade to Catalina also went smooth. Like a real Mac.
I installed as new. I had to remove one memory module. Not installed without this.
After a successful installation, I returned the memory module.
Sleep is working.
Sidecar working using wifi.
HDMI audio works after reboot if you turn off-on the TV or reconnect the cable.
FakePCIID.kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext they solve the problem, but I would like without them.
Although FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext only injects a property RM,device-id.
I added this property to PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3), and it appeared in ioreg, but this did not fix the problem.

Last edited:
Hi Pro, I installed on my NUC7i3BNH and all feature are working very well but my system using a lot of ram. Could you Pro can advise me how to reduce ram using by system. It's often use 8/12Gb of ram when I open Safari, when I open PTS it use 12/12Gb of ram, :(. I attached 2 pic from activity and from clean my Mac. Thank for your help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2562-10-11 at 20.09.01.png
    Screen Shot 2562-10-11 at 20.09.01.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2562-10-11 at 20.09.14.png
    Screen Shot 2562-10-11 at 20.09.14.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 76
Not sure if anyone else facing the same issue. my nuc8i7beh with 0071bios installed with efi in post 901, keep crashing and restarting.
Crashing? Its tough to offer help without more information. Did you follow the recommended bios settings described in the first post? Did you create the boot disk using Unibeast for UEFI booting? What hardware are you using for HDD/ SSD? Memory same question?

Back