Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi Leesureone,
thank you for your help.

I couldn't find all drives you mention, just those:
View attachment 426316
View attachment 426317
four missing.
How can I get them?

For me too. I can live with it.

Thanks. I set the default boot partition and countdown to two sec. It works as I wanted.
Through an update of clover or find my EFI file in post #930 in this thread

Last edited:
I thing I'm not good at searching. Post #930 is not yours.

Do you have Legacy Boot enable in the bios? Some folks say they don't need it but it works for me. There are other memory drivers you can try. See the link below:

I have legacy boot disabled. Enabling it causes this error: "REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE OR INSERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE"
As to the X99 Hackintosh OsxAptioFixDrv: I'm not sure if I understand everything correctly.
The instruction says: "Remove all AptioFixDrv files from your /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder."
So I removed
AptioInputFix-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
Then downloaded OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and copied it to the /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.
Above does not help.
Next step of the instruction is "If still getting the OsxAptioFixDrv error - Try my updated Test2.efi fix"
and then "Install OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in your /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder."
I have fallen here... How to install a efi file?
I tried just copy it to the mentioned folder but it doesn't help too.
As result my EFI folder contains these drivers:
Zrzut ekranu 2019-09-18 o 21.32.07.png
Is this correct?

I also disabled SATA in BIOS (my OSX is installed on M.2 NVMe drive) - doesn't help
I played with quick boot enabled - it nothing changes in my situation.

P.S.
after enabling quick boot I can't get into the BIOS - the keyboard seems to not working. Maybe it's because it is the wireless one?

EDIT:
That is for NUC:
"
Fast Boot in BIOS reduces computer boot time. With Fast Boot enabled:
  • You can't press F2 to enter BIOS Setup.
  • USB mice and keyboards are unavailable until after the operating system loads.
Disable Fast Boot from the power button menu. Access the power button menu with this sequence:
  1. Make sure the system is off, and not in Hibernate or Sleep mode.
  2. Press the power button and hold it down for three seconds. Then, release it before the four-second shutdown override. The power button menu displays.
  3. Press F3 to disable Fast Boot.
"

Last edited:
I have legacy boot disabled. Enabling it causes this error: "REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE OR INSERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE"
As to the X99 Hackintosh OsxAptioFixDrv: I'm not sure if I understand everything correctly.
The instruction says: "Remove all AptioFixDrv files from your /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder."
So I removed
AptioInputFix-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
Then downloaded OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and copied it to the /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.
Above does not help.
Next step of the instruction is "If still getting the OsxAptioFixDrv error - Try my updated Test2.efi fix"
and then "Install OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in your /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder."
I have fallen here... How to install a efi file?
I tried just copy it to the mentioned folder but it doesn't help too.
As result my EFI folder contains these drivers:
View attachment 426498
Is this correct?

I also disabled SATA in BIOS (my OSX is installed on M.2 NVMe drive) - doesn't help
I played with quick boot enabled - it nothing changes in my situation.

P.S.
after enabling quick boot I can't get into the BIOS - the keyboard seems to not working. Maybe it's because it is the wireless one?

EDIT:
That is for NUC:
"
Fast Boot in BIOS reduces computer boot time. With Fast Boot enabled:
  • You can't press F2 to enter BIOS Setup.
  • USB mice and keyboards are unavailable until after the operating system loads.
Disable Fast Boot from the power button menu. Access the power button menu with this sequence:
  1. Make sure the system is off, and not in Hibernate or Sleep mode.
  2. Press the power button and hold it down for three seconds. Then, release it before the four-second shutdown override. The power button menu displays.
  3. Press F3 to disable Fast Boot.
"
Do not know why enabling the legacy boot option doesn’t work for you, it’s possible your bios isn’t set up correctly but I can’t tell from here. The suggestion to try a different memory driver is just that, I think you skipped ahead or missed a part and didn’t try the three separate variations. I don’t know what that test.efi is about but installing a driver is just as simple as copying it to the correct folder.

Last edited:
Hello guys! I've got nuc7i5, installed high Sierra, all worked perfectly. I've updated to Mojave and now, when I put my NUC to sleep, it wakes up immediately if there is at least one usb device, with Wake reason: GLAN XHC HDEF (Network). I did install all patches again after update. Wake on Lan is disabled in bios. Any thoughts?

Great question, the short answer is no, the functionality is the same in Mojave regardless of the bios version (at least as far as I am aware).

Longer answer is there are security updates for windows and then of course the fixes you posted that might have been an issue for some users.

Nothing wrong with being conservative with bios updates though.
Hi Leesureone,
After almost 10 months of rock solid operation of my NUC8i7BEH, BIOS 051, 32GB RAM, SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB running without a problem mojave 10.14.2 , I sucumbed to the temptation and updated, all at once, the BIOS to 073, the disk file system to APFS and mojave to 10.14.6 using your info and files from famous post 930, after doing that, the computer works very well BUT, most of the time, when I use it for like an hour, it doesn't shut down completely, in the last step, the blue light and the fan keeps on and my computer freezes, on the other hand, some of the time, my computer does not come back from sleep and I should hard reset.

This has been very frustrating, any ideas why this is happening?, attached is my efi folder, I updated to the latest versions of clover, kexts, etc, I also played with every settings form the BIOS and from the config.plist, I cannot downgrade the BIOS beyond 071, please help.
Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.9 MB · Views: 76
Hi Leesureone,
After almost 10 months of rock solid operation of my NUC8i7BEH, BIOS 051, 32GB RAM, SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB running without a problem mojave 10.14.2 , I sucumbed to the temptation and updated, all at once, the BIOS to 073, the disk file system to APFS and mojave to 10.14.6 using your info and files from famous post 930, after doing that, the computer works very well BUT, most of the time, when I use it for like an hour, it doesn't shut down completely, in the last step, the blue light and the fan keeps on and my computer freezes, on the other hand, some of the time, my computer does not come back from sleep and I should hard reset.

This has been very frustrating, any ideas why this is happening?, attached is my efi folder, I updated to the latest versions of clover, kexts, etc, I also played with every settings form the BIOS and from the config.plist, I cannot downgrade the BIOS beyond 071, please help.
Thanks
HI @vicantu. The first thing that stood out was there are no USB kexts in Clover/ Kexts/Other. USBInjectAll.kext is needed to support the DSDT in ACPI/Patched and together they help make sleep possible. Its one of the most common issues identified with sleep/wake problems. I also use XHCI-unsupported.kext. but I have also run without it with zero issues.

Back