Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Copy the EFI folder from the usb boot drive to the hard drive by mounting the EFI partitions on both using clover configurator. Then it will boot.
Don't use multibeast and yes the clover version and theme will be different. You can name your hard drive whatever you like....

What do you mean you can't configure the net? Only wired network connections will work, if it isn't you may have to "Fix Regions" in Clover Configurator.
Thank you so much for what are u making for me! i did not sole yet, but i am very new in Macworld, so it is quite difficult for mi to understand what to do.... mount?? i can find with finder only one efi.......

Thank you so much for what are u making for me! i did not sole yet, but i am very new in Macworld, so it is quite difficult for mi to understand what to do.... mount?? i can find with finder only one efi.......
There is one on the USB drive and one on the harddrive.

I know ought to be so, but if i try to find it in finder i can find only on the pc.....
If i go and click in the usb, the search for the EFI, rename it in EFI_old if search in Finder on HD_MacOs i find the renamed one....
I was thinking to restart from the beginning

And still the Bluetooth doesn’t work, i have the icon, but can’t connect to keybord

I know ought to be so, but if i try to find it in finder i can find only on the pc.....
If i go and click in the usb, the search for the EFI, rename it in EFI_old if search in Finder on HD_MacOs i find the renamed one....
I was thinking to restart from the beginning

And still the Bluetooth doesn’t work, i have the icon, but can’t connect to keybord
1). Real EFI partition is hidden by default. Simple way to make it visible - use Clover Configurator EFI mount tab in bottom left of UI.
2). Each Apple formatted drive has it’s own EFI partition.
3). Internal Bluetooth on my NUC8i7BEH2 works horrible, internal intel wi-fi doesn’t work at all. I gave up and install apple wi-fi/Bluetooth via M.2 slot and adapter.

Last edited:
1). Real EFI partition is hidden by default. Simple way to make it visible - use Clover Configurator EFI mount tab in bottom left of UI.
2). Each Apple formatted drive has it’s one EFI partition.
3). Internal Bluetooth on my NUC8i7BEH2 works horrible, internal intel wi-fi doesn’t work at all. I gave up and install apple wi-fi/Bluetooth via M.2 slot and adapter.

as soon as i have few minutes i try.... i have 2 drives, one wd blue 256gb M2 and a Samsung evo870 ssd sata3.... i would like to try to preserve this 2 disks in order to have win in the evo ed mac os on M2wd.... i'd love to try a different bluetooth solution, if possible a dongle usb, but seems to be very hard to find

... i would like to try to preserve this 2 disks in order to have win in the evo ed mac os on M2wd....
I always disconnect my NVMe apple formatted drives before Windows installation. I have no other simple solution to prevent Windows to write winbootloader onto apple EFI partition located on M.2 slot.

I always disconnect my NVMe apple formatted drives before Windows installation. I have no other simple solution to prevent Windows to write winbootloader onto apple EFI partition located on M.2 slot.

i really never know about it... thank you so much.

i hope to try later and make you know

nothing about usb bluetooth dongle

This happened to me also when I installed Linux on the 2.5 internal SSD. It over wrote the Mojave install on the M.2 drive.
No biggie, just took time to reinstall Mojave, but it's a PITA. Better off removing the M.2 drive before you instal any other OS.

I think that is a good tip for anyone using two drives with seperate operating systems. Another way is leave both drives unformatted and then install windows first and only format that drive. Then install Osx.

I think that is a good tip for anyone using two drives with seperate operating systems. Another way is leave both drives unformatted and then install windows first and only format that drive. Then install Osx.

i decided to do the opposite, started with mac os and then i want to disconnect M2ssd WDblue install win10pro then reconnect MacoS

Back