Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Working just fine here.

The changes are more than just SSDT.
There were changes to config.plist that must be implemented.
You didn't mention updating your config.plist, so I assume you forgot.

As I said, using the new config.plist file with the old SSDT is working fine. I have updated BIOS to the latest version yesterday. Maybe that is the difference?

As I said, using the new config.plist file with the old SSDT is working fine.

Not a valid configuration.
You didn't mention using new plist with new SSDT.

In any case, you must attach PR files.

I have updated BIOS to the latest version yesterday. Maybe that is the difference?

What version?

What kind of display do you have (4k?)? How is it connected (HDMI or USB type-C)?
Everything working with post-install setup?

I have three Philips 273V5 in full HD (1080p), primary is connected through the HDMI port, and it works quite well (even hotplug).
I tried type-C through an apple A1621 adapter but it doesn't work. So the other (extended) monitors are connected via two DIAMOND BVU3500 USB3 DisplayLink adapters (displaylink.com drivers installed).

Sound is working only via the Headphones jack (not hdmi). Since I use APFS Encrypted I had to modify
config_nuc7.plist to show the file vault preboot and add AppleUISupport-64.efi and AptioInputFix-64.efi to
drivers64UEFI clover's folder.

I will try to update SMBIOS to Macmini8,1 asap.

Cheers,

I have three Philips 273V5 in full HD (1080p), primary is connected through the HDMI port, and it works quite well (even hotplug).
I tried type-C through an apple A1621 adapter but it doesn't work. So the other (extended) monitors are connected via two DIAMOND BVU3500 USB3 DisplayLink adapters (displaylink.com drivers installed).

Sound is working only via the Headphones jack (not hdmi). Since I use APFS Encrypted I had to modify
config_nuc7.plist to show the file vault preboot and add AppleUISupport-64.efi and AptioInputFix-64.efi to
drivers64UEFI clover's folder.

I will try to update SMBIOS to Macmini8,1 asap.

Cheers,

Confusion...
Your profile indicates NUC7, yet you mention Macmini8,1 (applicable to NUC8 only).

Btw, I think there is new bios 0051. Have not tried it yet.

Scratch that -- looked at the Intel web site a bit more carefully this morning...
BIOS 0048 is the latest. The 0051 is for a different model NUC8.

Confusion...
Your profile indicates NUC7, yet you mention Macmini8,1 (applicable to NUC8 only).

You're right, my mistake, I tought the new mac mini was still with kaby lake, so I guess I have to stay with
iMac16,2 :(

@RehabMan
What would be the benefit of using the SMBIOS for Macmini8,1 on a NUC8? (vs iMac 16.2 in my case)
Also, did Apple fix the bug which was preventing to hotplug a display?
Thanks

@RehabMan
What would be the benefit of using the SMBIOS for Macmini8,1 on a NUC8? (vs iMac 16.2 in my case)

Not sure at this point. No detectable difference.

Also, did Apple fix the bug which was preventing to hotplug a display?

No idea. Last I checked hotplug was working with my (NUC8) hardware.

Back