Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
i9 9820X
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
iOS
Weird...I think you already said you had updated AppleALC.kext. If not then maybe try that. Do you have any kexts installed in Library/Extensions besides the native ones? Its a hidden folder you can unhide via a terminal command.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

Check there aren't duplicate hackintosh kexts there, the Rehabman Script installed them in both Kexts/other and in Library/Extentions for me at one point...

If the any of the same kexts that are in "other" are there delete them and then rebuild the kextcache via kextbeast (don't install anything though) or through terminal.

sudo kextcache -i /
I think it's SOLVED!!

Ok so I had nothing in the Library/Extension folder from Rehabman installation.
So it was all good. All the kexts were in the Other folder.

What I did is I moved ALL THE KEXTS but FakeSMC.kext to the Library/Extension folder and rebuilt caches.
After reboot all is working.
After switch to HDMi, after sleep, back and forth it's now all working.

Yuppie!
Should I try to take all the kexts back to the Other folder and rebuilt cache again?
So I tried throwing all the kexts back onto the Other folder and rebuilding caches and the issue came back.
it simply doesn't work for some reasons if the kexts are injected.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
That’s awesome. Really I think you are good, there is an ongoing debate about where kexts should live. Until recently I installed everything to L/E per Rehabman and other more knowledgeable folks than me. Also If kexts are installed in Other there is no need to rebuild the kext cache. It’s not affected.

I only changed my kexts to Other for simplicity in this forum....

Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-A
CPU
i9 9820X
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
iOS
That’s awesome. Really I think you are good, there is an ongoing debate about where kexts should live. Until recently I installed everything to L/E per Rehabman and other more knowledgeable folks than me. Also If kexts are installed in Other there is no need to rebuild the kext cache. It’s not affected.

I confirm, after a second test, when the kexts are in Other audio breaks, when the kexts are in Library/£Extensions it all works great!

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I think it's SOLVED!!

Ok so I had nothing in the Library/Extension folder from Rehabman installation.
So it was all good. All the kexts were in the Other folder.

What I did is I moved ALL THE KEXTS but FakeSMC.kext to the Library/Extension folder and rebuilt caches.
After reboot all is working.
After switch to HDMi, after sleep, back and forth it's now all working.

Yuppie!
Should I try to take all the kexts back to the Other folder and rebuilt cache again?
So I tried throwing all the kexts back onto the Other folder and rebuilding caches and the issue came back.
it simply doesn't work for some reasons if the kexts are injected.
Omg u guys are amazing, I moved all of them execpt fakesmc out of other and used kextbeast to get them lib/ext and reboot and plugged in my damn headphone and finally got some decent music lol :)))
Thankssss

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Í

Is there anything else I should do before calling it a day ? Anything from the post installation process of the op and rehabman ?

You should still update your signature...

Other users have reported making sure in the bios "wake on lan" is disabled. Also disable it in the system preferences power settings. If that doesn't work in system preferences network settings set the connection to manual and then see the screen shot

View attachment 414970
thank you for your answer

Motherboard
ASUS P8H77-I
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
Android
Those headers will work in OSX. If you used USBInjectall.kext by itself, without a specific SSDT file in ACPI/ Patched to define USB ports, I think they would show but you would probably end up with sleep/ wake and other possible issues. Those headers were identified earlier in this thread by users wanting to install an internal wifi/bluetooth M2 card. See pic below from page 59 I think.

Meanwhile you can create your own custom DSDT file that includes those headers, there are a few ways. There was also a tutorial written about how to use Hackintool to create a custom USB kext for your specific machine that would solve your issues in a similar way (it creates a custom kext to replace USBinjectall.kext) Search for it in that thread.View attachment 414465
Thanks buddy, will give that a go when I have some time & report back. :thumbup:

I am installing macOS in NUC8i7BEH. I had the same problem(no audio output), so I've moved KEXTS as mentioned before and it works now.

One more Hint for sound: (NUC8i7BEH Realtek ALC255)
Set sound chipset injection ID 28 (no HDA init needed)
then your front headphone jack works like a native mac.

Sound Injection ID 1,11,15,28 worked, and 28 is the best for the NUC8

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
After a couple of days of playing around, I found two issues with my current setup:

Issue 1) As reported (and fixed above) crackling audio. I understand that I need to move all kexts except FakeSMC.kext to the Library/Extension folder and rebuilt caches.
A couple of questions on this:
- Can you confirm that my EFI/Clover/kext/other will afterwards contain only 1 single kext ?
- Can you confirm that this L/E folder is the one on my root partition, so NOT on the EFI partition ?
- How do I rebuild caches ? When should I do this ? Prior or after reboot ?
- @bahns: How and where do I set the sound chipset injection ID = 28 ?

Issue 2) My display does not work after waking from sleep.
I attached the problem reporting files, could somebody shed some light on this problem ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments