Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC DC3217IYE macOS Sierra 10.12 (TV BOX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out I was not doing anything wrong, this guide is correct.

When I boot the NUC on my U2515H Native resolution 2560x1440 monitor the video is all scrambled but when I boot on a 1920x1080 Native resolution monitor the video is working correctly.

Also the HD4000 doesn't need a FakeID, when u do use a fakeID the kext will not load and that's when you will get low mb videomemory.
But for me that was the only way to get any video signal on my Dell monitor.
Removing the FakeID and following install guide from OP on a 1920x1080 fixed my issue.

Now I am running macOS Sierra on NUC DC3217IYE with BIOS 63.

Turns out I was not doing anything wrong, this guide is correct.

When I boot the NUC on my U2515H Native resolution 2560x1440 monitor the video is all scrambled but when I boot on a 1920x1080 Native resolution monitor the video is working correctly.

I tried the nuc on my Asus 2560x1440 monitor today and had no issue with booting it in 1920x1080(60Hz) mode/resolution with full acceleration. I double checked this with Ubuntu 18.04 live usb (maximum is also 1080p).
Sadly this box seems not to support higher resolutions.

However i'm glad you figured this out and got your box working. This will be helpful for others :)

Speaking of success, I've been able to run macOS on my NUC too :) Last time I tried it didn't work, and I let it on a shelf.

So I gave an other try this time, but changed a few parameters in the bios:
- 128mb RAM
- Disabled thunderbolt, and hdmi as the only screen.

Then I followed the guide and everything is working this time :)

Thanks!

I can't get graphics to work properly.
I have graphics but really sluggish and laggy.

DC3217IYE, MacOS High Sierra.

About this Mac says it's a HD 4000 7mb.
I have tried BIOS 42, 62 and 63.
I have 128mb selected in BIOS.
Tried both: Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0x01660009 and 0x01660008.

System report says there is no kext loaded for graphics/displays.

What am I missing or doing wrong?!

@Astin.King would you mind to share your config.plist, Library/Extensions and EFI folder?

Hi, Jroen, here attached my config.plist and DSDT.aml file for your reference. I didn't install the DSDT.aml from @Withoutface.
I use the MultiBeast - High Sierra Edition tool. and after installation, I found the DSDT file already there.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    16.7 KB · Views: 312
full

Project Info

This Guide describes my work to get my tv pc to a new operating system after using mountain lion for a (to) long time with stopped software support. So i decided to use Sierra 10.12.6 instead of the new High Sierra to avoid instability from new minor/major updates.

The experience was nearly OOB and all problems could be solved with a quick search in the forum.

The nuc is now working very reliable together with my LG Full HD 55“ and is used for KODI, Spotify, Youtube etc. Kodi is controlled with Flirc and a XBOX remote control. Everything else with apple mouse and bluetooth keyboard

Used Hardware
Intel® NUC-Kit DC3217IYE
  • Release-Date Q4'12
  • Mainboard-Chip Intel® QS77 Express-Notebookchip
  • Prozessor i3-3217U
  • Ram 4 GB Corsair DDR3-1333 (SO-DIMM)
  • Frequenz 1,80 GHz
  • Video Dual HDMI
  • Graphic HD4000
  • Audio HDMI
  • Lan Intel E1000
  • Wlan Atheros 9280
  • USB 2.0 3 Ports
  • Installed Bios 42 (GKPPT10H.86A.0042)
Other Hardware
  • Bluetooth Belkin / Broadcom (USB)
  • Flirc Remote Stick (USB)
  • Apple Mouse (Wireless) Magic Mouse (2009)
  • Keyboard Perixx Periboard 804
  • XBOX one remote control
  • 8GB USB Stick
Used Software
  • macOS 10.12.6
  • UniBeast
  • MultiBeast 9.2
  • EFI-Mounter v3
Installation
  1. Create a USB macOS 10.12.6 stick with UniBeast and select the UEFI option
  2. For successful boot of the sierra setup we have to set a Clover Option
    Code:
    Options > Graphics Injector > ID and enter 0x12345678
  3. Install Sierra to your internal drive.
MultiBeast

Using MultiBeast 9.2 after Installation and install the following settings

full

Also don‘t forget the Intel Graphics Fixup!

full

DSDT
  1. Mount your EFI partition using EFI-Mounter v3
  2. Copy the DSDT.aml to folder
    Code:
    /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
Note: It‘s only tested for bios version 42

That‘s it! Now everything should work (after reboot)

Issues
  • HDMI Audio output is only working for the port near the network
  • Bluetooth after sleep is not working with my Bluetooth USB
Bios-Warning

I installed the bios version 62 (GKPPT10H.86A.0062) from the intel website but i ended with no display output from the box. So i used the yellow jumper on the mainboard and a USB stick to flash version 42 to the box again.

Be careful with version 62/newer versions!

Comment

Hope you like the guide! Comment if you have questions.

Source
https://ark.intel.com/de/products/71275/Intel-NUC-Kit-DC3217IYE
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-sierra-wont-boot-after-multibeast-installation.231620/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-intel-nuc-hdmi-audio.81396/

Regards Withoutaface
Followed this and when i reboot and boot without usb i just get the apple logo on screen wont budge from it

@jhnnyc16, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Followed this and when i reboot and boot without usb i just get the apple logo on screen wont budge from it

Try booting in verbose mode and see if there is any useful output. You can also try to override the graphic id to the dummy 0x12345678. Maybe "IntelGraphicsFixup" has some issue.

Try booting in verbose mode and see if there is any useful output. You can also try to override the graphic id to the dummy 0x12345678. Maybe "IntelGraphicsFixup" has some issue.
I will take video this evening and post it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back