Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC DC3217IYE macOS Sierra 10.12 (TV BOX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't dare to ask - but is there anyone out there who managed to get Mojave (or even Catalina) to work on dc3217IYe?

I like to upgrade to Mojave soon. The hardware should handle Mojave or even Catalina but I read there are changes for hdmi audio patching so this is maybe a issue. Any success so far?

I like to upgrade to Mojave soon. The hardware should handle Mojave or even Catalina but I read there are changes for hdmi audio patching so this is maybe a issue. Any success so far?
Mojave works! Unibeast is doing its job nicely.
Multibeast has to be kept on a leash. I only added Ethernet 3.3.3x version, MacMini sys def 6,2 (despite the recommendation in this thread - it works for me and has to because multibeast only provides 6,2.
Hackintool tells me that this root pci stuff has the laptop definition that is provided in the framebuffer patching thread. I read the Ivy Bridge system definitions carefully and compared them to what hackintool spat out. Whenever I dare to tinker with that definition as recommended in the thread I end up losing my high resolution and the second HDMI port/second monitor. It's unbelievable! I don't know hot to get on - let alone this pipe lingo. I hope this helped you a little further - a helping hand would be much appreciated as sound is the only thing I cannot get to work.

update: restarted from scratch:
multibeast steps still okay - taking it from there:
-Changed RTVariables using plistedit pro: BooterConfig 0x28 (was the same) AND: CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 (this was different (0x03)
-I removed mulitbeast setting Inject Intel YES to NO - reboot
-in return I lost the nice resolution and second monitor BUT:
-injected lilu and whatevergreen kexts using hackintool (tools symbol and the second to last kext symbol on the right) - reboot
- et voilà: resolution and second monitor back!
- desperately tried both HD-4000 IGPU = 0x01620006 or 0x01620007 with hackintool in the dropdown menu because I was thinking that the NUC should be run headless (got the headless symbol in hackintool as per guide but both caused crashes on boot and caused reboot loops (have to figure out whether the AppleHDA setting in clover might be messing with it)
- in return I can't confirm that the indexes/bus ids/pipes are set properly because the headless settings don't let me boot to macos
-installed AppleHDA kext via hackintool - reboot - sound symbol in the upper left hand corner appears - but there is no sound. So I believe I'm almost there!!!
Isn't there anybody out there to join me in this awesome quest for hdmi audio?

Last edited:
-installed AppleHDA kext via hackintool - reboot - sound symbol in the upper left hand corner appears - but there is no sound. So I believe I'm almost there!!!
Isn't there anybody out there to join me in this awesome quest for hdmi audio?
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm now writing from my upgraded Mojave Nuc
(I lost working processor speedstep and functioning wlan driver. So still working on it)

However my HDMI audio works on both ports(!) with working graphic acceleration and I did nothing special - just followed the HDMI audio guide from toleda and installed lilu.kext and AppleALC as mentioned.
Hope it will work for you too! :)

Here are the steps (note: I changed later to Mac mini 6,2 but HDMI audio is still working):
Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 14.16.52.png
Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 14.17.34.png
Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 14.20.20.png

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm now writing from my upgraded Mojave Nuc
(I lost working processor speedstep and functioning wlan driver. So still working on it)

> what card do you use? Broadcom?

However my HDMI audio works on both ports(!) with working graphic acceleration and I did nothing special - just followed the HDMI audio guide from toleda and installed lilu.kext and AppleALC as mentioned.
Hope it will work for you too! :)

> I feel so ashamed - all this work and it could have been pulled off this way! You made my day! Life is simple...sometimes. 1000 hugs to you !!!!

Here are the steps (note: I changed later to Mac mini 6,2 but HDMI audio is still working):
> what did it do to your machine?
and again - thank you so much!!!!

> what card do you use? Broadcom?
Atheros 9280 - Apple discontinued support but the kext from high sierra is already ported. And it's working :)

> I feel so ashamed - all this work and it could have been pulled off this way!
Glad it's working for you! Great! Now you can finally enjoy your machine!

> what did it do to your machine?
Nothing except "About my mac" window ;)
However i got processor speedstep working now with a few settings in clover configurator (will publish a mojave guide in the next days)

Thanks. Working. Which wifi card please. My nuc came without one..

Thanks. Working. Which wifi card please. My nuc came without one..

Awesome, that your machine is working :). I can only recommend you to search this forum for wlan modules that are compatible with newer versions of macos and are native supported.
The module I use needs extra patching with Sierra and higher and therefore I can't recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back